#foswiki 2011-09-12,Mon

↑back Search ←Prev date Next date→ Show only urls(Click on time to select a line by its url)

WhoWhatWhen
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [01:33]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 3 new commits to Release01x01: http://git.io/VIYiww
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item11121: Expect test fail when using ShortURLs - PaulHarvey
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item11121: perltidy - PaulHarvey
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item11121: address perlcriticisms - PaulHarvey
[01:33]
***GithubBot has left [01:33]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11121 [ Item11121: Some unit tests are too sensitive to path config ] [01:33]
***terceiro has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
terceiro has joined #foswiki
GithubBot has joined #foswiki
[01:45]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 2 new commits to Release01x01: http://git.io/b1srQg
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item11121: allow test to pass with https DefaultUrlHost - PaulHarvey
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item11121: address perlcriticisms - PaulHarvey
[01:47]
***GithubBot has left [01:47]
..................... (idle for 1h43mn)
gac410 has left [03:30]
................................. (idle for 2h42mn)
leik has joined #foswiki
terceiro has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[06:12]
.... (idle for 15mn)
terceiro has joined #foswiki [06:30]
pharveyhi leik, I commented on Item11088, I think if you revert the comment I mentioned it will fix your speed problem [06:35]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11088 [ Item11088: MongoDB much slower when SEARCH outputs 'formfield()' ] [06:35]
pharveycommit* [06:35]
leikhi pharvey , thank you very much for that :) I was almost losing it.. [06:46]
pharveyif it works for you, then we know we need to somehow re-instate that code in a more robust way [06:47]
leikI dont know how to test other than downloading the zip from trac and replacing the file, is that the right way? [06:48]
pharveyleik: it's so long since I reverted something using svn, I think svn merge -r 123..122 or something like that.
Maybe just download & replace http://trac.foswiki.org/browser/trunk/MongoDBPlugin/lib/Foswiki/Plugins/MongoDBPlugin/Listener.pm?rev=12314&format=txt
oh, that's not it
well, it is, but you need to uncomment lines 237..230
[06:51]
leik227..230, I see [06:53]
Replaced the file, restarted apache, still slow [06:58]
pharveyd'oh
leik: I have a different version for you
[07:05]
leikwell you have made my day much lighter so far, can it get any better :) [07:11]
pharveyleik: https://github.com/csirac2/MongoDBPlugin/blob/Item11088/lib/Foswiki/Plugins/MongoDBPlugin/Listener.pm [07:13]
***dnavarro has joined #foswiki [07:14]
pharveythere is a 'raw' link somewhere on that page just above the code (to the right)
leik: actually this patch slows down most pages a bit, but is a 'safe' version of the rebless thing that sven reverted
[07:14]
***Babar sets mode: +oooo AndreU ColasHome leik Lynnwood
Babar sets mode: +oo pharvey terceiro
[07:17]
leik11 seconds [07:19]
***guldmyr has left [07:19]
leikguess that's not the core issue then?
other pages load almost as normally
almost normally means ~3 secs
which still is slow compared to a topic without a form with SEARCH
I dont have page cacheing on, and a page with only links and text goes in ~1 second. A page with multiple searches but without formfield takes ~1-2 seconds
question: if Mongo's Listener,pm was the issue, wouldn't it be the same performance when executing the search from Sandbox?
[07:19]
pharveyleik: would be helpful to see your DataForm [07:25]
leikhow do you want it?
I can send you my zip
[07:25]
pharveyI guess you could create an foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11088Form [07:25]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11088 [ Item11088: MongoDB much slower when SEARCH outputs 'formfield()' ] [07:25]
pharveyleik: I won't have time till later in the week, but if the zip is only a few MB you can E-mail it to me [07:27]
leikyour email is at csiro.au or? It about 2MB [07:30]
***AndreU has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [07:31]
pharveymsg'd you my email address [07:31]
***dnavarro has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
dnavarro has joined #foswiki
AndreU has joined #foswiki
AndreU has quit IRC (Client Quit)
Colas has joined #foswiki
pharvey has quit IRC (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 3.6.22/20110905191701])
VerboEse|Off is now known as VerboEse
terceiro has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
AndreU has joined #foswiki
[07:31]
MartinRowe has joined #foswiki [08:00]
ArthurClemens has joined #foswiki [08:07]
MichaelDaum has joined #foswiki
MichaelDaum has quit IRC (Changing host)
MichaelDaum has joined #foswiki
ChanServ sets mode: +o MichaelDaum
VerboEse has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
VerboEse has joined #foswiki
[08:13]
harlanSo I get confused about the differences between Forms and Templates. But that's not the issue. I have 2 sets of info I need to collect - one set for Everybody, and an additional set I want to collect for a subgroup. For the case where I need both sets of info, can I have template(?) that uses both forms? Or do I need to use a "master topic" that has links to two separate (sub)topics? [08:15]
***Colas has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
VerboEse has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
VerboEse|Off has joined #foswiki
VerboEse|Off has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
VerboEse|Off has joined #foswiki
[08:18]
VerboEse|Off is now known as VerboEse [08:26]
ArthurClemensharlan: it depends on the situation, what kind of info
info is stored in data forms, not in templates
templates are used for presentation
forms cannot be inherited, but you can extend forms by adding the same fields
that is out of the box, but some plugins extend the functionalities of forms. MichaelDaum has an extensive app plugin
[08:28]
MichaelDaumharlan, are the two sets of information structurally different per item in it? [08:32]
***Colas has joined #foswiki [08:33]
MichaelDaumthat is do they need different form definitions? or is it just a permissions issue?
or do you envision one dataform definition with formfields in it that are view restricted while the rest is still public?
[08:33]
...... (idle for 28mn)
***leik has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
leik has joined #foswiki
[09:03]
mrintegrityhi all, so i am looking at migrating some pages from a foswiki instance that some developers here installed a while ago (Foswiki-1.0.9) to a new installation of the latest 1.1.3 version. It seems like they didn't really understand what a wiki is and are using it to simply link to .docx files that are attached. What i had planned to do was give them a subsection that was sepeate from the rest of the wiki that I could just dump whatever they have now [09:12]
***packoman has joined #foswiki [09:23]
mrintegrityanother question that has come up is the ability to work offline.. i have been racking my brain trying to come up with a good way to make that possible.. basically the people storin documentation (docx files again) in subversion want the whole documetation store available on their local computers all the time so they can work without internet [09:29]
***McAldo__ has joined #foswiki
McAldo_ has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[09:32]
McAldo__ has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [09:37]
McAldo__ has joined #foswiki [09:50]
AndreU has quit IRC (Read error: No route to host)
AndreU has joined #foswiki
[10:03]
ArthurClemensmrintegrity: why not create a Web for their old stuff and copy it in there? [10:07]
..... (idle for 23mn)
***McAldo__ has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer) [10:30]
MichaelDaumWikiRingBot, seen pharvey [10:34]
WikiRingBotWikiRingBot has last seen pharvey 12 Sep 2011 - 07:31 GMT on #foswiki
WikiRingBot has last seen pharvey_ 24 Aug 2011 - 04:31 GMT on #foswiki
[10:34]
***McAldo__ has joined #foswiki [10:45]
..... (idle for 22mn)
McAldo_ has joined #foswiki
McAldo__ has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[11:07]
McAldo_ has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
McAldo_ has joined #foswiki
[11:15]
McAldo__ has joined #foswiki
McAldo_ has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
McAldo__ has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
[11:23]
McAldo__ has joined #foswiki
McAldo_ has joined #foswiki
McAldo__ has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[11:33]
GithubBot has joined #foswiki [11:47]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/pIBg6A
[foswiki/master] Item11125:Item10904 - MichaelDaum
[11:47]
***GithubBot has left [11:47]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11125 [ Item11125: upgrade to latest jqgrid ] http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10904 [ Item10904: SEARCH back-end fixups ] [11:47]
mrintegrityArthurClemens: guess that would do the trick
any thoughts on the offline editing question?
[11:57]
ArthurClemensI remember vaguely there is a paid extension by wikiring
ask CDot or MichaelDaum
[11:58]
***McAldo_ has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
McAldo_ has joined #foswiki
[11:58]
MichaelDaummrintegrity, http://blog.wikiring.com/Blog/BlogEntry14 [12:02]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [12:02]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/HqTInw
[foswiki/master] Item10880: fixed link to documentation; some improvements to jquery.tmpl based movie app - MichaelDaum
[12:02]
***GithubBot has left [12:02]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10880 [ Item10880: move to jquery.ui.autocomplete ] [12:02]
***PeterSvendsen has joined #foswiki
pharvey has joined #foswiki
[12:06]
PeterSvendsenanyone know how I can get the revision from to a linked topics? [12:06]
pharveyBoo! [12:06]
leikhe's awake... [12:07]
pharvey:)
Hi Peter, you want the revision of an arbitrary topic?
[12:07]
leikhe's "bourne" again :) [12:08]
PeterSvendsenHi Pharvey, yes.. e.g. if I link to a topics then I would like to show in what revision it is in at this stage [12:08]
pharveyHmm I'm not quite 100% clear.. you want to control the way a [[link]] is displayed? so if you write [[MyTopic]] it renders as [[MyTopic][MyTopic was linked at version 3]] ? [12:10]
mrintegrityMichaelDaum: ahh nice thanks. shame it's proprietary though [12:10]
PeterSvendsenas an example... I link to the topics "BuildACar" then is is displayes "BuildACar (r6)" or something a like... [12:11]
pharveyPeterSvendsen, and you want r6 to be the current version, or the version that was current when the link as created? [12:12]
MichaelDaummrintegrity, CDot did it ages ago. might be he will open-source it with some more sponsoring
as a foswiki version
[12:12]
mrintegrityMichaelDaum: thanks, will have a think about that [12:13]
PeterSvendsenpharvey, it must be the version that is the latest [12:13]
pharveyMichaelDaum: juicy jqgrid updates, cool :) [12:13]
MichaelDaum:-] [12:14]
leikPeterSvendsen, use QUERY, %QUERY{"'Web.Topic'/info.version"}% [12:14]
pharveyMichaelDaum, saw in one of the jqgrid demos a very nice column chooser (show/hide), might be worth adding as an extra option? [12:15]
MichaelDaumy [12:15]
pharveywell, it was "nice" from a "look, more buttons" point of view :) [12:15]
leikPeterSvendsen, [[Web.Topic][Your text (%QUERY{"'Web.Topic'/info.version"}%)]]
See System.QuerySearch
[12:16]
***denisr has joined #foswiki [12:16]
pharveyleik, PeterSvendsen there is also the NEWLINKFORMAT preference variable
which would allow you to control how [[links]] are rendered
er
sorry, not NEWLINK
[12:17]
PeterSvendsen<leik> and <pharvey> thanks... I'll look more into it :) [12:20]
pharveyleik, PeterSvendsen, never mind, it seems we can only control 'new' links, not ordinary links via preference settings :/
leik: damn, so you ruined my theory with Item11088 :) I guess we will need to reproduce with your data
[12:20]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11088 [ Item11088: MongoDB much slower when SEARCH outputs 'formfield()' ] [12:22]
mrintegrityis there any kind of bounty system or simmilar to help kickstart feature proposals?
im thinking of the office connector here
[12:23]
pharveymrintegrity is this different to WebDAVContrib ? [12:24]
mrintegritypharvey: dunno
pharvey: but that is anohter proprieary plugin isn't it?
[12:24]
pharveywell, it's not public
Contact CDot/AndreU
[12:26]
mrintegritysee i would only be interested in contributing a donation to create open source [12:27]
pharveyyeah, that's been our philosophy too :) [12:27]
MichaelDaummrintegrity, yes there's an interest group ready to sponsor open-sourcing webdavcontrib [12:27]
mrintegrityMichaelDaum: got a link? [12:27]
leikMirrorWebPlugin? [12:28]
MichaelDaumAndreU is currently about to collect more money for it. his email addr should be online on foswiki.org or so
http://foswiki.org/Main/AndreUlrich
[12:28]
mrintegritythe module looks pretty nice [12:31]
pharveyit does seem that a lot of work went into it [12:31]
***pharvey has quit IRC (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Iceweasel 6.0/20110815162918])
pharvey has joined #foswiki
gac410 has joined #foswiki
[12:37]
pharveyhi gac410 [12:40]
gac410hi pharvey [12:40]
pharveyhave you been bothered by pseudo-install updates yet? [12:41]
gac410no not at all. [12:41]
pharveydoes the .gitignore stuff help at all? Or not really :) [12:42]
gac410thb I have not noticed it at all, but that's probably a good thing [12:43]
***henk has left "WeeChat 0.3.4" [12:43]
pharveydo you use git status much?
pharvey agrees, as long as it's not getting in the way
[12:43]
gac410yes I use git status - but typically git status | grep modified [12:44]
pharveyah, cool
by default git submodules are indicated as modified if they have any untracked files
and as I'm the only one on the planet using git submodules for foswiki, I think I'm the main person noticing anything :)
[12:44]
gac410wow it does seem to be a lot smaller / cleaner! [12:45]
pharveycool
the aim is to ignore the generated files, I appreciate that things like LocalSite.cfg will still be visible, but you probably want that
for example git clean -fdX will clean only ignored files
[12:46]
gac410hm... looking at the generated .gitignore files - seems to have duplicated lines. Like comment plugin has 3 lines of pub/System/CommentPlugin/comment.js [12:47]
pharveythere was a bug for a while which accumulated duplicate entries [12:48]
***PeterSvendsen has quit IRC (Quit: Page closed) [12:48]
pharveyI'm hoping if you delete that .gitignore and start again it will stay good
it tries to remove those lines when you do Eg. ./pseudo-install.pl -u
[12:48]
gac410hm. Just did a -u / install CommentPlugin -- now has 4 lines of pub/System/CommentPlugin/comment.js ... so it added another. [12:54]
pharveyhrm
I shall investigate
[12:55]
gac410If I can do any debugging let me konw.
s/konw/know/
[12:55]
***pharvey has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
pharvey has joined #foswiki
[12:59]
pharveyit seems the behaviour with submodules is different [13:03]
leikpharvey, can you check email? Think I have the same behaviour on trunk
trunkfoswikio.org that is
you know....trunk.foswiki.org
[13:03]
***pharvey has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
OliverKrueger has joined #foswiki
OliverKrueger has quit IRC (Changing host)
OliverKrueger has joined #foswiki
ChanServ sets mode: +o OliverKrueger
[13:08]
OliverKruegerAnybody working on Craigs email on the infra-list? Otherwise I could have a look. [13:10]
***pharvey has joined #foswiki
OliverKrueger sets mode: +oooo AndreU ArthurClemens Colas gac410
OliverKrueger sets mode: +oooo leik MartinRowe McAldo_ pharvey
[13:11]
leikpharvey, can you check email? Think I have the same behaviour on trunk.foswiki.org [13:13]
pharveyleik, cool. Checking now. [13:13]
MichaelDaumOliverKrueger, the param1 thing? [13:15]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [13:15]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/AbGcug
[foswiki/master] Item11126: deprecate jquery.shake; it is part of jquery-ui's effect stack now. - MichaelDaum
[13:15]
***GithubBot has left [13:15]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11126 [ Item11126: deprecate shake module ] [13:15]
OliverKruegerMichaelDaum: yes [13:15]
MichaelDaumnobody else picked it up, so ... [13:15]
OliverKruegerlooks like there were a few extra encoded chars at the end of his comment field. [13:16]
gac410OliverKrueger: was the email stuck? I just got it, but it's dated 9/1. [13:18]
OliverKruegerinfra is moderated
That might be a bottleneck.
[13:18]
gac410Does it get that much spam it needs to be moderated? Not very many people on it or know about it even. ('till now that is :) ) [13:20]
OliverKruegerDunno. I'm not a moderator on that list. [13:21]
pharveyMichaelDaum: re Item11124 the Foo/Bar/Cat syntax already works, would it be okay to mark such columns as read-only? [13:26]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11124 [ Item11124: Allow indirect (linked) columns ] [13:26]
MichaelDaumMichaelDaum wonders why there isn't a colname_editable=true/false [13:27]
pharveyleik: I wonder if this is a recent defect. Foswikirev:12315 seems ok for us [13:29]
FoswikiBothttp://trac.foswiki.org/changeset/12315 [ Changeset 12315 ? Foswiki ] [13:29]
leikpharvey, but do you have data forms bloated like some of mine? [13:34]
pharveyleik: I have a new idea
nope, I lied
leik: some of our forms are heavy like that, yes, but I must admit they're rarely used
[13:36]
leikyes, because they're so slow :) [13:38]
pharveyright, but for other reasons (crazy directedgraph stuff, for example :-) [13:39]
***pharvey has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 276 seconds) [13:44]
mrintegrityis it possible with foswiki to have a few simple dropdows to select possible values and generate a string that is printed below, from the selections, updated as you select each item?
basically a hostname generator is what i have in midn
mind
because we have an absurd hostname standard and it's messy with wrongly created hostnames getting put into production every now and then
[13:45]
MichaelDaummrintegrity, there are a few related jquery modules that might be worth looking at (jquery.validate, jquery.maskedinput, ui::autocomplete). but most probably you will have to implement that on your own handling a set of select boxes with options being generated based on the selection of the previous select ... if that's what you've got on your mind [13:56]
leikmrintegrity, maybe System/JQueryWikiWord can help, show hos to set initial, prefix and suffix.. seems useful for topic creation at least. Type and see.. [13:56]
MichaelDaumy, that one as well [13:57]
***leik has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection) [13:59]
OliverKrueger has quit IRC (Quit: OliverKrueger) [14:09]
mrintegritythanks.. i tried just inputting an html form but it quickly got messed up [14:10]
MichaelDaumto all devs running their env on foswiki/trunk: please switch to jquery-1.6.3 and see what happens, and report to http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10302
runs fine as far as I can see. not tested jquery.validate for one
[14:10]
mrintegritysubmitted after writing 5 dropdown selects and the generated page only had three.. when editing again they are all weird also. guess this is not hte correct way to do it [14:10]
..... (idle for 24mn)
***wdenk1 has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 260 seconds) [14:34]
GithubBot has joined #foswiki [14:45]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/kUgZtQ
[foswiki/master] Item10302: - MichaelDaum
[14:45]
***GithubBot has left [14:45]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10302 [ Item10302: default to jquery 1.6.3 ] [14:45]
***wdenk1 has joined #foswiki
foswiki_irc4 has joined #foswiki
[14:49]
gac410MichaelDaum: quick check - looks okay with 1.6.3 - but I don't do much on my test site. [14:57]
MichaelDaumya looks fine here too. even validate does okay
got some js error in solrplugin. let's see what else ...
[14:57]
***AndreU_ has joined #foswiki [15:04]
foswiki_irc4hello - why are the revisions of comment fields for attachments no longer stored with foswiki 1.1.3? comment now is always "save attachment". [15:04]
gac410foswiki_irc4: That is a bug - I believe it's fixed in the upcoming 1.1.4 [15:05]
Babarwhich reminds me... I have to check the translations [15:06]
foswiki_irc4can i fix this by myself in editing some perl scripts? [15:06]
Babarmy idea was to tell pootle to synchronise by itself, but... [15:06]
***AndreU has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
AndreU_ is now known as AndreU
[15:06]
gac410Yeah - Item11105 - Patch at Foswikirev:12443 [15:06]
BabarItem:11105 [15:06]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11105 [ Item11105: Saving an attachment stores "save attachment" string in version history, instead of the attachment comment ]
http://trac.foswiki.org/changeset/12443 [ Changeset 12443 ? Foswiki ]
[15:07]
Babarbtw gac410, looking at the diff, shouldn't we defaulting to something, or we just don't care and leave empty comments? [15:08]
gac410no idea - ArthurClemens did the fix and I have not looked at it at all.
gac410 wonders - is $opts{comment} already initialized somewhere.
[15:08]
foswiki_irc4is it as easy as modifying Meta.pm and Store.pm and then restart apache? [15:11]
gac410foswiki_irc4: Should be - but restart only needed if you are using mod_perl or fastcgi / fcgid. Otherwise the change takes effect immediately.
and with fastcgi / fcgi it's sufficient to just kill the handler tasks, and the'll restart automatically with the new code.
[15:12]
foswiki_irc4i think on windows killing is not as easy as with linux? [15:14]
gac410Ah... no idea on windows. restart is the safest. [15:14]
foswiki_irc4and another questionmark - are all old comments are in danger to be deleted or only if i make a new upload? [15:15]
Babarony new uploads [15:16]
foswiki_irc4uff
do i understand gac410 right that the fix was not verified in any way up to now?
[15:16]
gac410The fix was applied to our test site and people have been running it for a while. Not sure if unit tests are there for this particular condition. [15:18]
Babarif unit tests were there, they should have caught it earlier :) [15:19]
gac410trunk.foswiki.org generally picks up every committed fix within about 15 minutes. Babar, right, and it looks like a new unit test was not created for the condition. :-( [15:20]
...... (idle for 29mn)
foswiki_irc4i checked the fix. the new comment is now displayed - but the old comment is gone. the old comment was replaced with "save attachment" again.
so the comment history is still not preserved yet
[15:49]
***Colas has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 258 seconds) [15:53]
foswiki_irc4sorry - have to correct myself: the fix works after restarting apache! [15:57]
***AndreU has quit IRC (Quit: AndreU)
foswiki_irc4 has left
[15:59]
.... (idle for 15mn)
gac410gac410 wonders if this one should go into the KnownIssues list [16:16]
***MartinRowe has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving.) [16:19]
GithubBot has joined #foswiki [16:30]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/1RfQQw
[foswiki/master] Item10880: fixed JQueryAjaxHelper to use new autocompletion library - MichaelDaum
[16:30]
***GithubBot has left [16:30]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10880 [ Item10880: move to jquery.ui.autocomplete ] [16:30]
***MichaelDaum has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
ArthurClemens has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...)
[16:30]
denisr has quit IRC (Quit: Parti) [16:41]
dnavarro has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
dnavarro has joined #foswiki
[16:51]
dnavarro has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [16:56]
......... (idle for 43mn)
ArthurClemens has joined #foswiki [17:39]
....... (idle for 34mn)
pcheung has joined #foswiki
pcheung has quit IRC (Client Quit)
[18:13]
..... (idle for 20mn)
harlanArthurClemens: thanks - the situation is something close to the UserForm (but for whatever reason we are not using the UserForm for this application). We need to know everbody's name, and their email address, and maybe one or two other things. For oflks who will have login access, we want their preferred shell, ssh pubkey, we fill in a list of what machines they have access to. I'd rather not duplicate the info on both forms (using, I susepc
and another for "programmer logins).
I don;'t iknow if I can use an INCLUDE for forms to "extend the collected info in the tmplate.
[18:34]
ArthurClemensno, you can't [18:38]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [18:48]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to Release01x01: http://git.io/Pv4ADw
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item11105: Add unit test for attachment comment - GeorgeClark
[18:48]
***GithubBot has left [18:48]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11105 [ Item11105: Saving an attachment stores "save attachment" string in version history, instead of the attachment comment ] [18:48]
harlanok. Then I wonder if a "form generator" might be better, so folks could create forms from "pieces", and use something make-like to regenerate tham. [18:48]
gac410ArthurClemens: I added a unit test for the attachment comment issue and also added it to the list of Major known issues [18:51]
ArthurClemensthanks. it was still waiting on my todo list [18:52]
...... (idle for 25mn)
***terceiro has joined #foswiki [19:17]
leik has joined #foswiki
WikiRingBot has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
EisNerd has quit IRC (*.net *.split)
EisNerd has joined #foswiki
WikiRingBot has joined #foswiki
[19:22]
..... (idle for 23mn)
eberon has joined #foswiki [19:47]
................. (idle for 1h24mn)
LynnwoodGreetings all. I've got a client that would like to have a mechanism to send an email to all registered users. I thought perhaps I could set him up with using the "news mode" feature in MailerContrib, but see the real trick is how to subscribe all members. I guess there is no way to subscribe all registered users except to list them all and of course this would have to be updated manually. Anyone have any other thoughts on this? Thanks in ad
We have a "NobodyGroup" by default but no "EverybodyGroup".
[21:11]
...... (idle for 25mn)
***leik has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection) [21:38]
terceiro has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection) [21:44]
terceiro has joined #foswiki [21:49]
gac410Lynnwood: I've been toying with the idea of using the sympa email server as an authentication mechanism. Unfortunately it would take quite a bit of development.
But a group would be an email list. Subscribing to a list would like joining a group.
Still has the issue of needing a mechanism to subscribe all users - though having a 'RegisteredUsers' list / group would be an idea.
[22:01]
***ArthurClemens has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...) [22:11]

↑back Search ←Prev date Next date→ Show only urls(Click on time to select a line by its url)