#foswiki 2010-10-25,Mon

↑back Search ←Prev date Next date→ Show only urls(Click on time to select a line by its url)

WhoWhatWhen
***MartinCleaver_ has joined #foswiki
MartinCleaver has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
MartinCleaver_ is now known as MartinCleaver
[00:01]
.... (idle for 18mn)
MartinCleaver has quit IRC (Quit: MartinCleaver) [00:22]
terceiro has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection) [00:31]
........ (idle for 35mn)
pharveyBobC_UK: >> is an append operator. So it's building a logfile, obviously. The non-obvious thing is 2>&1 - if I remember correctly - captures not just stdout of mailincron, but the stderr (and maybe other streams) too
anyway, it runs the command, appending any output to the log file
[01:06]
BobC_UKthanks. I htought it probably was. I've raised an issue/task on the support web because the log file is not being written to at all, whether on errors or success. [01:10]
....... (idle for 31mn)
pharveyBobC_UK: you may need to create an empty file first, and then change permissions on it. Who is the script run as? Root? Web user? Whatever the user, they either need permission to create the file in that directory, or it needs to be created and chown/chmod'd [01:41]
gac410gac410 doesn't understand css. How do I get text on the same line as a foswikiButton. Seems to always break to below the button.
Or the button ends up the entire page width.
[01:47]
***wbniv|zZz has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds) [01:54]
BobC_UK@Pharvey. The job is a cronjob, but I can run it as the the main website admin from a terminal. I've created the directory and changed the permissions on the the log file to 0777. I can edit the file and save the file no problem, so not sure why no logs are written. [01:55]
pharveygac410: button elements default to 'block' flow (as opposed to 'inline'). You need a display: inline somewhere [01:57]
gac410Ah- thanks. Slowly running out of hair. ;-) [01:57]
That did it - thanks a lot. I don't think I would have come up with that if I worked all night. [02:06]
pharveyyeah, it had me stumped for many hours when I first tried to do it :/
but tearing your hair out makes you learn an important aspect of CSS you won't forget quickly :) (flow/box models in html)
well, I say learn, in my case I have more an appreciate rather than actual knowledge
[02:12]
..... (idle for 22mn)
***BobC_UK has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [02:35]
Demosthenes has joined #foswiki
wbniv has joined #foswiki
[02:49]
..... (idle for 23mn)
foswikibotFoswiki's Extensions web changes: SyntaxHighlightingPlugin [03:14]
...... (idle for 29mn)
***Demosthenes has quit IRC (Quit: leaving)
ArthurClemens has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[03:43]
....... (idle for 31mn)
favioflamingo has joined #foswiki
Demosthenes has joined #foswiki
[04:14]
.... (idle for 15mn)
ColasHome has quit IRC (Quit: Client exiting)
ColasHome has joined #foswiki
gac410 has left
[04:29]
MTempest has joined #foswiki
GithubBot has joined #foswiki
[04:42]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 WikiTranslationGnome * 151ad8a (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9526: Uncommitted translations of the last 4 hours ... - http://bit.ly/9xqROg [04:45]
***GithubBot has left [04:45]
mfladischer has joined #foswiki [04:59]
....... (idle for 30mn)
wbnivSvenDowideit: did you have in mind a list of parameters that configure from the command line should take?
some way to express PREF=value, of course
[05:29]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [05:30]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 WillNorris * f1cfd51 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: fix speling ... - http://bit.ly/byglmt [05:30]
***GithubBot has left [05:30]
.... (idle for 15mn)
favioflamingohttp://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn-history/r1771/trunk/editor/svg-editor.html
anyone tried this?
i love jhotdraw, but this is awesome
[05:45]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [05:46]
GithubBotfoswiki: master WillNorris * dc5b169 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: fix speling ... - http://bit.ly/bVfPW6 [05:46]
***GithubBot has left [05:46]
MTempestfavioflamingo: Have you looked at SvenDowideit's new WikiDrawPlugin? [05:47]
favioflamingono, havent updated for a while [05:47]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit sniggers at the timeing - i just thought i'd read my mail and go back tot he girls
favioflamingo, foswiki:Extensions.WikiDrawPlugin ...
WikiRingBot, foswiki:Extensions.WikiDrawPlugin
[05:48]
WikiRingBotWikiRingBot does not understand foswiki:Extensions.WikiDrawPlugin [05:48]
***Demosthenes has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds) [05:48]
MTempesthttp://foswiki.org/Extensions/WikiDrawPlugin [05:49]
SvenDowideitwhy the heck don't we have a bot that just does this? [05:49]
favioflamingothanks [05:49]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit resolves to waste some precious time writing one some time int eh next 100 years [05:49]
MTempestWe have a metabot named Babar, but it's buggy :) [05:49]
SvenDowideitand somehow affected by sleep!
SvenDowideit runs away again :)
[05:50]
wbnivFoswiki:Extensions.WikiDrawPlugin [05:50]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Extensions.WikiDrawPlugin [05:50]
SvenDowideitwbniv, y, that, and whatever pseudo-install can do
ffs, Foswiki, and foswiki doesn't work
thats just silly
it 'should' just see a wikiword and have a go
[05:50]
oooooer. real, hardman's map-reduce: find crawl_dir/ -type f -print0 | xargs -n1 -0 -P32 ./process [05:56]
.... (idle for 17mn)
***Demosthenes has joined #foswiki [06:13]
MTempest has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving)
MichaelDaum has joined #foswiki
MichaelDaum has quit IRC (Changing host)
MichaelDaum has joined #foswiki
CDot has joined #foswiki
[06:22]
verboese has joined #foswiki [06:31]
CDotSvenDowideit: nice work on WikiDrawPlugin - looks really good. I might even feel motivated to update JHotDrawPlugin some day ;-) [06:44]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [06:45]
GithubBotfoswiki: master WillNorris * 7df0736 (2 files in 2 dirs): Item9881: document that sticky tags are required to protect code blocks from WYSIWIG editor ...
foswiki: master WillNorris * 428e014 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: provide handy link to recommended plugin ...
foswiki: master PaulHarvey * 550984b (2 files in 2 dirs): Item9878: Corrections on System topic ...
foswiki: master commits dc5b169...550984b - http://bit.ly/dfeoAV
[06:45]
***GithubBot has left [06:45]
SvenDowideitCDot, what for?
I'm hoping that we can get one single do-hicky to replace them..
[06:45]
CDotcos it does something the svg plugin doesn't viz. graphs
good for the blue box brigade
[06:46]
SvenDowideitare you sure that 'it can't [06:46]
CDotthough frankly, I'd be happy to dump it (I see SVG as the way to go) [06:47]
SvenDowideitas opposed to it doesn't cos i didn't enable everything? [06:47]
CDotCDot just checked on their website
if it can, they don't advertise it
[06:47]
SvenDowideitthe plugin contains their trunk code
and the website barely mentions what the last release can do :)
[06:47]
CDotok. I was playing with their demo [06:48]
SvenDowideiti do need to turn on arrows and object links again, that seems to have gone somewhere [06:48]
CDotCDot is very impressed, though there seems to be an issue with line widths [06:48]
SvenDowideitthe real kicker imo is converting the (not yet completed) hyperlinks to an imagemap [06:48]
CDotI imported an SVG that I did with inkscape, and the 2 don't agree on line widths :-( [06:49]
SvenDowideity, i found similar wrt font weigths
oh, it imported?
[06:49]
CDotsure, no prob [06:49]
SvenDowideitall the ones i tried failed [06:49]
pharveyimporting from OpenOffice.org is really strange - better to go via inkscape [06:49]
CDotdoesn't seem to support groups [06:49]
SvenDowideitreportitasabug - they're pretty goot that way
ya
even though it uses them
[06:49]
pharveypharvey seems to have his OO.o draw groups preserved [06:49]
SvenDowideitinkscape has some extra params that i think it splats on [06:49]
CDotpreserved, but you can't manipulate them afaict [06:50]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit imported the foswiki logo svg, and had to muck with it quite a bit to make it functional
lost the colors too
[06:50]
CDotwhat rev of inkscape you use? [06:50]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit - no idea [06:50]
CDotlatest on debian? [06:50]
***pattdi has joined #foswiki [06:50]
SvenDowideitthe foswiki logo svg antonio uploaded to f.o [06:51]
CDotCDot is on 0.47 [06:51]
pharveypharvey on 0.47 - but copy&pasted SVG markup, the import thingy didn't seem as successful [06:51]
SvenDowideitwas quite a while ago
and as a real nasty, i grabbed the svg source of a git cheatsheet
that made it go boom too :)
[06:51]
favioflamingohas anyone made a diagram of how all the moving parts in foswiki work or are connected? im just curious b/c mediawiki had a nifty chart of how their database schema looked like [06:53]
***MartinKaufmann has joined #foswiki [06:53]
SvenDowideiti wonder if anyone really understands _all_ the moving parts all at the same time [06:54]
favioflamingoit took me a while to kind of understand the execution order from a web request.. needed to know in order to understand VirtualHostingContrib [06:54]
***pharvey has quit IRC (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.12pre/20101024042506]) [06:55]
CDotfavioflamingo: there is a written description, yes
no picture, though
mediawiki has a hugely more complex DB schema than Foswiki
I did draw part of a UML diagram once, but gave up because Perl abuses OO so much that UML loses it's mind
[06:55]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [07:00]
GithubBotfoswiki: master WillNorris * 9bed302 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9881: additional doc cleanups (and AndreasKeil is on foswiki.org) ... - http://bit.ly/bt0LLo [07:00]
***GithubBot has left [07:00]
MartinKaufmannHi! Is it possible to selectively disable email auto-links?
I'm using FORMFIELD to include addresses in an HTML form (which then breaks because of the HTML tags).
[07:03]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [07:15]
GithubBotfoswiki: master MichaelDaum * b34543a (1 files in 1 dirs): Item2454: merge lost use command somehow ...
foswiki: master WillNorris * 8cb3112 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item2454: restore graceful failure if unable to parse XLSX because of missing prerequisites ...
foswiki: master commits 9bed302...8cb3112 - http://bit.ly/cPu7JB
[07:15]
***GithubBot has left [07:15]
MTempest has joined #foswiki [07:21]
favioflamingodoes the VirtualHost.pm execute before Foswiki.pm for VirtualHostingContrib? [07:23]
***wbniv is now known as wbniv|zZz [07:26]
favioflamingoin .fcgi it says: use Foswiki;
use Foswiki::UI;
use Foswiki::Contrib::VirtualHostingContrib
[07:28]
pattdiMartinKaufman: <noautolink> email address </noautolink> [07:30]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [07:31]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 WillNorris * c6cd887 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: typo ... - http://bit.ly/bTFzHN [07:31]
***GithubBot has left
GithubBot has joined #foswiki
[07:31]
GithubBotfoswiki: master WillNorris * 7717053 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: typo ... - http://bit.ly/9nzllL [07:31]
***GithubBot has left [07:31]
BabarSvenDowideit: the bot does that, it just only understands capital Foswiki:Extensions/WikiDrawPlugin [07:34]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Extensions/WikiDrawPlugin [07:34]
Babarread the config, it's in svn :) [07:34]
MTempestBabar: The point is that the bot should try harder :) [07:36]
Babarteach it :p [07:37]
MTempestI tried to teach the metabot, but that didn't work :P
MTempest ponders the implications of us all being metabots...
"Bend your knees, scum, and worship MY metametabot" :)
or metametametabot, or...
As Sven would say - it's "turtles all the way down"
[07:38]
***pharvey has joined #foswiki [07:43]
LavrI have looked at Item9837: TemplateLogin fails with PasswordManager set to none
And in 1.0 and probably also in (tm)wiki this combination never really made much sense.
This combination means that you can login but the password is ignorred. You can put anything you want and you are logged in. And I guess there is no other way that could work
And as far as I can see gac410 restored this same behavour.
So I guess we can close this one unless there is something I have misunderstood in the report.
It still checks if you are a valid user but nothing checks if the password is correct. So anyone can login as someone else.
I cannot see much of a use case for this combination.
With ApacheLogin password manager none works as the authentication is then done outside Foswiki. And that works great.
[07:43]
CDotLavr: funnily enough I had someone ask for exactly this recently
they were happy to trust their team to identify themsleves without a password
but felt that the registration step would demotivate contributors
[07:47]
LavrYou still have to be logged in through and be registered. It is just the password which is ignorred.
So you can even login as the admin.
[07:49]
CDotin a small team, that may not matter
of course, it's an extreme corner case, and i wouldn't be unhappy if we ignored it
[07:49]
LavrSure. in any case I close the bug report. As far as I can test George fixed what was broken. [07:50]
CDotCDot is really impressed with WikiDrawPlugin, and wants someone to blog about it
hum: ""NetworkError: 403 Forbidden - http://my.server/core/bin/view/System/null/null/JQueryPlugin/plugins/chili/recipes/tml.js""
nulll/null/ ?
something is rotten......
[07:51]
pharveyCDot: I've had null/null in the path on code that assumed the old <meta name="foswiki.blah"> stuff (ie. failing to call foswiki.getPreference())
but... this is on a normal checkout?
[07:54]
CDotCDot just noticed it happening since installing WikiDrawPlugin [07:54]
pharveyah yeah
SvenDowideit didn't want to lean on the core JQuery infrastructure - so some things are a bit screwy on the edit screen :)
the main thing is that we ship with jquery-1.3.2, but jquery-1.4.2 is required by svg-edit IIRC
pharvey would be happy to just have it bomb out unless you have jquery-1.4.2 set in configure
[07:55]
***Babar sets mode: +oooo CDot ColasHome MichaelDaum MTempest
Babar sets mode: +oo pharvey wbniv|zZz
[07:56]
LavrCrawford thanks for update on Item:9813. I agree on leaving things as they are in 1.1.1 and if we change something is becomes part of the greater thing you have already started on trunk. [07:57]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9813. [07:57]
LavrThis means as of right now the only release blocker for 1.1.1 is pharvey's IE7 bug which he reopened. I assume this is a minor thing that is soon closed.
With luck I can release 1.1.1 tonight!
Going to work.
[07:57]
pharveyupdating release notes [07:58]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [08:00]
GithubBotfoswiki: master PaulHarvey * d14d9a3 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9870: Update TinyMCE release notes ... - http://bit.ly/aGPAhc [08:00]
***GithubBot has left [08:00]
BabarBabar would love Micha and Arthur to check last night fixes to TwistyPlugin [08:00]
MartinKaufmannpattdi: Thanks. That's what I thought too but noautolink doesn't seem to work for email addresses.
On my system at least.
[08:00]
***AndreU has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [08:02]
CDotSvenDowideit: http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9813 [08:05]
pattdiMartinKaufman: that's odd, it does work on f.o for example
try <literal> </literal>
[08:07]
***AndreU has joined #foswiki [08:09]
Babar/me already made a sandbox page showing the different behaviors wrt autolink & email
Babar already made a sandbox page showing the different behaviors wrt autolink & email
[08:11]
CDotpharvey: yep, much happier with 1.4.2 (which is a relief, since that's what most of my jquery code is written for) [08:14]
pharveylucky you :) [08:14]
CDotCDot notes that the documentation refers to the "annotate" and "annotation" parameters - are they meant to be the same thing? [08:14]
pharveyprobably (admit I haven't read every word) [08:15]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [08:15]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 PaulHarvey * fc7ec04 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9870: Update TinyMCE release notes ...
foswiki: Release01x01 PaulHarvey * df9a74b (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9870: Forgot to bump release string... ...
foswiki: Release01x01 commits c6cd887...df9a74b - http://bit.ly/aXUjnD
[08:15]
***GithubBot has left [08:15]
MartinKaufmannpattdi: Yes, I just found out about literal as well. Thanks. [08:18]
CDotooo-errr - WikiDrawPlugin just wiped out the entire topic the %WIKIDRAW% tag was in [08:23]
favioflamingoWikiDrawPlugin is still expiremental?
i thot itwas my system taht was fragged. but my system is already half fragged
[08:23]
CDotI guess so
CDot sees a commentin the code: #TODO: should I blindly over-write topic text, or shoudl I be more circumspect if the topic exists?
CDot suspects circumspection might be indicated
[08:24]
favioflamingoawesome plugin tho [08:26]
***foswiki_irc4 has joined #foswiki [08:26]
CDotyah [08:26]
foswiki_irc4Hi everyone, havin trouble installing foswiki 1.1.0 on iis. I followed this guide http://foswiki.org/Support/FoswikiOnWindowsIISAndPerl and can get to configure ONCE but get an Error "Can't use string ("C:/inetpub/wwwroot/foswiki/worki") as a HASH..." if I want to configure a second time. Any ideas? [08:30]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [08:30]
GithubBotfoswiki: master PaulHarvey * 5f36e33 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9870: Forgot to bump release string... ... - http://bit.ly/cf7M87 [08:30]
***GithubBot has left [08:30]
pharveyfoswiki_irc4: does it say more than that? [08:32]
foswiki_irc4Can't use string ("C:/inetpub/wwwroot/foswiki/worki") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at c:/inetpub/wwwroot/foswiki/lib/Foswiki/Configure/Checker.pm line 166. For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error. [Mon Oct 25 10:12:17 2010] configure.pl: Can't use string ("C:/inetpub/wwwroot/foswiki/worki") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at c:/inetp [08:32]
pharveyfoswiki_irc4: that is quite strange. What is the version of perl you are using?
foswiki_irc4: I hear many Foswiki-on-windows users have best luck with StrawberryPerl
[08:37]
foswiki_irc4I tried active states 5.12 and 5.10 and strawberry, both same error. Whats even stranger is that foswiki 1.0.9 seems to work. [08:39]
CDotfoswiki_irc4: if you can get a stack trace (e.g. from the web server log files) that would help [08:43]
foswiki_irc4I will look for those (still new to that iis stuff). [08:44]
CDotCDot notes that line 315 of checker.pm is the likely source of the error
foswiki_irc4: modify line 315 of Checker.pm to read: return $this->checkTreePerms( $name, 'rw' );
[08:45]
foswiki_irc4will try... [08:47]
CDotCDot notes that this line has been in error for a looooong time
so may not be the source of the problem
[08:48]
***denisr has joined #foswiki [08:49]
foswiki_irc4WORKS! Thank you! [08:49]
CDot:-)
CDot raises task
[08:51]
pharveyhow did that ever work? [08:54]
CDotI don;t think it did
it's was just that foswiki_irc4 happened to have an existing "worki" dir from previous setups
a combination of circumstances.....
[08:59]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [09:00]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 CrawfordCurrie * 1098c2e (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9886: under some conditions this code path is executed (when configuring IIS) and the incorrect call is stumbled over. ... - http://bit.ly/ahs7Ls [09:00]
***GithubBot has left
leik has joined #foswiki
BobC_UK has joined #foswiki
[09:00]
MTempestCDot: PublishPlugin's file and ftp backends use print to output stuff to the browser. I think that is causing Item:8658. I think they should use $this->{logger}->logInfo(...) instead. If so, I can fix that. [09:07]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item8658. [09:07]
CDotMTempest: right. print is deffo wrong
not sure the logger is right, though
look at how Statistics does it
[09:08]
MTempestWill do
Thanks
[09:09]
CDotCDot assumes this is to do with progress reporting [09:09]
MTempestYup [09:09]
***MartinCleaver has joined #foswiki [09:09]
CDotfoswiki_irc4: the bug you found will be fixed in 1.1.1 (being built tonight, I believe). [09:10]
foswiki_irc4Excellent, thank you [09:10]
***padraig_lennon has joined #foswiki [09:13]
pharvey sets mode: +oooo MartinCleaver MartinKaufmann padraig_lennon pattdi
sreher has joined #foswiki
[09:19]
foswiki_irc1 has joined #foswiki [09:33]
foswiki_irc1hi @all [09:33]
MTempestMake the most of your screen real-estate: http://www.msarnoff.org/subtext/ [09:36]
***EugenMayer has joined #foswiki [09:36]
..... (idle for 21mn)
foswiki_irc4got to go. Thank you guys - I'll be back [09:57]
***foswiki_irc4 has quit IRC (Quit: Page closed) [09:59]
CDotMTempest: they must have one hell of a powerful magnifying glass; I can't see the effect with any of the optics I have here :-(
CDot admits that's just 2 pairs of reading glasses
[10:06]
foswiki_irc1I like to modify the TipOfTheDay Part, so that the Admin can determine which Tip is shown, has anyone an idea? [10:07]
MTempestCDot: It may be that your LCD is (in his words) "non-standard"? I can read the text on my screen without any magnification. [10:08]
CDotreckon so. I can make it out with a bit of creative interpretation, but it's hardly clear [10:09]
MTempestMTempest will try out some magnifying glasses at home.
I find some words are clearer than others
[10:09]
CDotsuch as "complete", "waste", and "time" ? [10:10]
MTempest:) [10:10]
..... (idle for 21mn)
***foswiki_irc1 has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds) [10:31]
....... (idle for 34mn)
ktwilight_ has quit IRC (Read error: No route to host) [11:05]
Babaroh yeah, I tried with just my eyes by looking at the screen from like 5 cm
it's pretty easy to read
[11:05]
***foswiki_irc8 has joined #foswiki
ktwilight has joined #foswiki
[11:06]
Babar sets mode: +o ktwilight
Babar sets mode: +o EugenMayer
[11:18]
foswiki_irc8hi [11:19]
favioflamingoas anyone messed with full text searches on mysql or postgresql? most people use lucene/kino search. just wondering about the index [11:20]
foswiki_irc8hi, is it possible to include just a topic and its chields in a search? [11:31]
pharveyfavioflamingo: Solr seems most popular where I work (nothing related to Foswiki of course) [11:31]
BabarSolr is hype :)
it's like couchdb
[11:32]
pharveyBabar: plenty of stuff using it (but maybe not in traditional corporate environments) [11:33]
BabarBabar never said it wasn't good, or useful. Just that it was hype :) [11:35]
***JulianLevens has joined #foswiki
leik has quit IRC (Quit: Ex-Chat)
[11:49]
favioflamingopharvey: im just wondering if a row is updated, does the entire index have to be re calculated [11:58]
pharveyfavioflamingo: no, all of these technologies support incremental updates (as far as I know )
certainly solr does
[12:00]
Babarso does kino [12:01]
BobC_UK@foswiki_irc8 re the search question..... I've just tried the following with some success. Make the search a "query" search and in the search box:- text~'*MYTEXTTERM*' AND (parent.name='MyParentTopic' OR name='MyParentTopic') There may be issues with Case comparisons, but I'm sure there is a way to make sure the search for "MYTEXTTERM" ignores case. [12:07]
***Demosthenes has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds) [12:08]
ArthurClemens has joined #foswiki [12:15]
BobC_UKIs there any way to do a "mass" delete of selected topics rather than one by one? In Webmail apps it's possible to select a number of emails and then "delete" en-masse. I have a number of topics that need deleting and just wondered if there was an easier way other than one by one. Thanks. [12:15]
ArthurClemensI would really like that as well
we don't have mass edit functions except for Lavr's recent plugin
but I don't think that does deletion
[12:16]
BabarBobC_UK: rm :)
or mv ... Trash/
[12:18]
ArthurClemenswell, how to find the topics to delete? [12:18]
BobC_UKQuite. Several neeedles in several haystacks, not to mention attachments.
So one for the enhancement request list? ;-)
[12:19]
ArthurClemenssure [12:20]
***sreher has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [12:20]
Babarclone MultiTopicSavePlugin as MultiTopicDeletePlugin :) [12:20]
***gac410 has joined #foswiki
Babar sets mode: +o gac410
Babar sets mode: +o ArthurClemens
[12:22]
BobC_UKWell, the principal looks good, not sure how how much of a difference there is (coding wise) to amend the contents of a txt file than it would e to rename it and move it on the server.
BobC_UK goes for some lunch :)
[12:26]
MTempestCDot: Please give some perspective on Item:9875 ? I think I am too close the problem, and I may be trying the wrong kind of solution. [12:41]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9875 [12:41]
CDotCDot can't see any reason not to support a mass deletion operator. [12:41]
MTempest*close to
What do you mean by "operator"?
[12:41]
CDotMTempest: not without finding out *what* is setting the erroneous umask
otherwise you are using gaffertape to mend the space shuttle
by operator I mean a UI operator like save, edit, etc
[12:42]
MTempestThanks, and, thanks. [12:43]
gac410MTempest, Could changing umask it be due to some security env? Apache suexec overrides the umask for example. What about SELinux or other security extensions? [12:46]
***mfladischer has quit IRC (Quit: Ex-Chat) [12:48]
BabarSElinux won't change the umask, it would prevent the file access :)
MAC is one level higher than umask :) umask if for mortals
[12:49]
gac410okay - just a thought - obviously a misdirected one. ;-) [12:51]
BabarAppArmor would do the same btw, in case you're wondering too :) [12:51]
gac410I just know I searched high/low for what might be changing umask amongst the extensions, before finally finding the suexec reference. That does it for certain. [12:52]
MTempestgac410: I am pretty sure that it is something inside foswiki, because it did work at some point over the weekend, and I only changed things inside foswiki. One of the many things I changed was which plugins are enabled. [12:53]
BabarMTempest: Foswiki/Users/HtPasswdUser.pm
but Barcode, EasyTimeline, Chart, etc... sets it
[12:54]
MTempestMTempest disappears into a vegetative state ^H^H^H^H meeting [12:55]
BabarFastCGI [12:55]
CDotMTempest: sleep well! ;-) [12:57]
MTempestzzz [12:58]
Babardon't snore! [12:58]
***tictric_ has joined #foswiki
tictric_ has quit IRC (Changing host)
tictric_ has joined #foswiki
tictric has quit IRC (Read error: Operation timed out)
[13:12]
EugenMayer has quit IRC (Quit: http://drupal-wiki.com)
cyberdune has joined #foswiki
[13:18]
cyberdunehallo,
mal ne Frage: im Repository existieren immer noch die Pakete zu 1.0.9 .... wann kann man die 1.0.10 erwarten?
wir brauchen ein neues Wiki und wollen schon direkt die 10er version einspielen und nicht erst später upgraden müssen ... sind ja immerhin 200 bugs behoben oder so ;-)
[13:20]
BobC_UKBobC_UK taps his screen to see if its malfunctioning.... ;-) [13:22]
***cyberdune is now known as mma
mma is now known as mark_doe
AndreU has quit IRC (Quit: AndreU)
mark_doe has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
favioflamingo has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[13:23]
Babararf, after changing twice nickname, he just left [13:30]
gac410Babelfish was a bit confusing, but was he asking if it was worth upgrading to 1.0.10? and could he move his data? [13:33]
Babarnope :)
he was asking why the repository was still offering 1.0.9, and when he could expect 1.0.10
because he was about to install a wiki and wanted to do it directly on the .10, to avoid having to upgrade afterwards
I leave the bugcount to babelfish :)
[13:34]
***mark_doe has joined #foswiki [13:36]
gac410repository? Probably debian? [13:36]
mark_doeja
debian
do you know when or where to find 1.0.10 Foswiki Repository
its out since weeks and still no update
[13:36]
Babarwhich repository are you using mark_doe?
fosiki.com?
blame Sven :)
[13:37]
mark_doehttp://fosiki.com/Foswiki_debian/
aha, der gute Sven die Schnarchnase :-P
If he will update to 1.0.10 next week we are migrating from Dokuwiki to FosWiki :-)
[13:37]
BabarSven being German, beware what you call him :)
Drake also made some rpms...
s/rpm/deb/
[13:38]
mark_doeschnarchnase is a very polite form meaning "snoring nose"
sleepy guy ;-)
hmm.. sounds good, as I have a Fedora here.
where to find?
[13:39]
***AndreU has joined #foswiki
foswiki_irc4 has joined #foswiki
foswiki_irc4 is now known as Lumor
[13:40]
gac410You might also consider that 1.1.0 is out and 1.1.1 is very close to release. There are some critical bugs in 1.1.0, There are no more fixes to 1.0.10 planned [13:40]
BabarFedora? So you want RPMs?
for Drake's packages, you may find them here: http://debmarshal.debian.net/
[13:41]
mark_doeaha, so 1.1.0 is out? Thank you! will take that into account [13:42]
Babarhey, I updated the topic to notify people!
but as gac410 said, you'd better wait for 1.1.1, which should be out this week (Lavr talked about releasing tonight this morning)
ArthurClemens: hey, did you have a look at my code changes for Twisty?
[13:42]
ArthurClemensI haven't yet [13:43]
BabarMichaelDaum: ^^ hey, did you have a look at my code changes for Twisty? [13:43]
ArthurClemensam at work [13:43]
BabarArthurClemens: sure :) I just couldn't figure out how it was supposed to work with IDs
but it seems to work OK in my tests, so...
[13:44]
gac410ArthurClemens: If you get a chance sometime, not committed, but I've been trying to improve the FindExtensions as we discussed. I'm close, but the CSS really really in need of some knowledge. [13:45]
LumorHi there! I have problems concerning File Attachments. E.g. when I upload some .swf flash file and try to just open it by clicking on the attachment link on some topic, the flash movie is not played. When I just drag&drop the flashmovie into the browser, it works - so I guess the flash file is ok. I also have problems with some PDF which is OK when used locally but shows error messages when opened as topic attachment. Any hints ? [13:45]
gac410I can commit - it is working - but positioning using <br/><br/>... is probably not the right solution ;-)
Lumor: Do you have the MediaPlugin installed? IIRC, it helps with embedded flash, etc.
[13:45]
Babaryeah, the mime-types are wrong [13:49]
LumorYes I just installed it few minutes ago in order to test pdf and flash integration. But there is just nothing displayed when linking to a pdf attachment. the flash movie just shows the first frame an says "movie not loaded".
the same when I just click the attachment
[13:49]
gac410Apache? Are you serving attachments from /pub directly, or are you using "viewfile" to protect attachments? [13:50]
LumorUh ... I'm using the default settings for foswiki and apache [13:51]
Babarwhat's your $Foswiki::cfg{MimeTypesFileName} ?
I mean, is it a real file? Does it exist? Is it readable?
[13:51]
gac410(If he is using default with Apache serving files, doesnt Apache Mime magic get used instead of Foswiki MimeTypes?) [13:52]
Babar(yes) [13:52]
Lumor$Foswiki::cfg{DataDir}/mime.types [13:53]
Babarso then, the same for your apache configuration :)
Lumor: first we have to know if you're using viewfile or not
so please check the URL when you click the attachment
[13:53]
LumorHow can I check that
ok
[13:53]
Babaris it http://.../foswiki/pub/Web/Topic/File.swf [13:53]
Lumoryes [13:54]
Babaror more http://.../foswiki/bin/viewfile/Web/Topic/File.swf
ok, then Apache is serving it
[13:54]
LumorI'm using short URLs so I don't know if it was omitted or not [13:54]
***titanoboa has quit IRC (Disconnected by services) [13:54]
Babarbut it contains /pub? [13:54]
gac410(er... with Short URL's did you use ApacheConfigGenerator? If yes, did you check the checkbox that says to protect attachments?
If so, the user will see the /pub/... but internally it will rewrite to viewfile.
[13:55]
LumorDo you want apply Foswiki access controls to attachments by redirecting access to the viewfile script? Check to control attachment access -> was checked [13:55]
BabarAhhh [13:56]
Lumorand yes I see the "/pub" in the URL: http://witecsrv2:4321/pub/Sandbox/TestTopic0/Intro.swf [13:56]
Babarthen I was right! [13:56]
gac410Okay - so you are using viewfile. And it is controlled by $Foswiki::cfg{DataDir}/mime.types [13:56]
Babar(like that's a surprise)
which most likely doesn't exist
[13:56]
gac410gac410 says babar is always right [13:57]
Babarso change that to something more useful, such as /etc/mime.types (if that exists too) [13:57]
Lumorfoswiki is installed on a windows server ;) [13:57]
Babarin fact, we're supposed to ship it [13:57]
Lumorbut there is a mime.types file
in the data directory
[13:57]
gac410Does it have a line for swf? application/x-shockwave-flash swf swfl [13:58]
***foswiki_irc8 has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds) [13:59]
Lumoryes. The browser also says its "application/x-shockwave-flash" but it doesn't load the movie
so i can right click on the screen which shows the flash menu stating "movie not loaded..."
[13:59]
Babarstarting back to the basics... does it show images?
do you get anything in the apache error logs when you access the attachments?
[14:00]
LavrI see no new release blockers raised today. We have one open Item:9879. I still do not think I want to let that block 1.1.1 [14:01]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9879. [14:01]
Lumoryes it shows images. and it also opens pdfs in the browser-pdf-viewer, but with errors (when I drag and drop the _same_ pdf into the browser, there are no errors) [14:02]
LavrAnyone on the channel that has any objections against a 1.1.1 tonight? [14:03]
Babarwith errors such as?
Lavr: not me :)
[14:03]
BobC_UKOnly if it's going to take me another 2 weeks to implement the "upgrade"! ;-) [14:04]
LavrI will create an upgrade package from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 [14:04]
LumorBarbar: no errors in the apache error log. [14:04]
BobC_UKThank you. Thank you. Thank you! [14:04]
gac410Lumor: What version of foswiki? [14:05]
Lumor1.1.0 [14:05]
LavrThe upgrade package will be the full release MINUS the usual 20 or so files that people tailor like WebPreferences, SitePreferences, WebHome etc etc [14:05]
gac410There was an old bug where we added a corrupting metadata when serving files
But that was fixed in 1.0.9 or 1.0.10 ...
[14:05]
Lumorwell, the case of the merge-bug shows that bugs can revive from the dead bugs ;) [14:06]
BobC_UKIs there any utility which shows if any of the other "standard" files have been changed? e.g. the batch upload plugin gets you to chnage standard templates IIRC [14:06]
gac410Could you look at the very end of the downloaded pdf is it appended with some unexpected FOSWIKI html?
hm, or maybe it's a crlf issue on windows.
Or could you compare a small downloaded pdf with errors to the original to try to identify how it has been corrupted?
[14:06]
Lumoryes wait a second .. [14:08]
***Colas has joined #foswiki [14:08]
gac410Lavr, this could be a new blocker on windows if we can figure it out. [14:09]
Lumoraaah [14:10]
gac410BobC_UK: There is a bash utility attached to http://foswiki.org/Support/HowDoIUpgradeSafelyACustomizedFoswikiInstallation [14:10]
BobC_UKOoo er, thanks! [14:10]
Lumorwhen I compare it and look at the hex codes, there is "0D 0A" in the original file and only "0A" in the downloaded file [14:10]
Babarwe're missing a binmode again [14:10]
gac410oh - yeah, reading in the attachment I guess in viewfile? [14:11]
Lumorjust downloaded it pressing the right mouse button on the attachmant -> save file as.
I guess viewfile is used if I understood
it right
[14:11]
gac410viewfiles uses meta->openAttachment ...
Sorry Lumor: yes protecting attachments uses viewfile which means foswiki does the attachment file serving.
[14:12]
Lumorso this is not a bug, it's a feature ? ;) [14:13]
LavrI have seen with plain Apache that downloading with IE adds OD OA and FF only OA. This is a mystery and has been forever. Not sure it is viewfile related. But for sure viewfile should process the attachment 100 % transparent and binary [14:13]
Lumoragree..
could this be the same reason why the flash file is not loading ?
I'll test this ...
yes it's also not working when downloaded from the attachment.
[14:14]
gac410Yes definitely. when perl reads a file, it assumes text and does crlf conversions for the platform. Any binary file needs to have "binmode" set or it can be corrupted on windows, but will work on Linux. [14:15]
Lumorok. so is there any workaround, e.g. some perl switch to define the conversion rules ?
or can that be fixed in a future release of foswiki ?
[14:16]
gac410Babar: Store/VC/Handler.pm openStream() doesn't use binmode. [14:18]
BabarLumor: can you try a patch for me? [14:18]
Lumorgladly [14:18]
Babaropen Foswiki/UI/Viewfile.pm
and near the end there is a: local $/;
after it put: binmode $fh;
[14:18]
Lumoryeah thats it. it works ! [14:19]
gac410Okay - so I had that totally wrong. It's the print, not the read? [14:20]
Babarit's the read
but the read doesn't use openStream, it uses openAttachment :)
(which returns a file handle, not a stream / string)
so, who opens the bug report so I can commit the fix to 1.1.1? :)
[14:20]
Lumorbut the mediaplugin is still not showing pdfs (flash is now working :) ) [14:21]
gac410er -- but tracing through meta, etc. openAttachment in turn uses openStream unless I misread it.
Lumor: Could it be browser cache for attachment?
[14:21]
Lumorgood idea..... just trying ... [14:22]
Babargac410: but anyway, it returns a file handle, so then simply put the filehandle in binmode before doing any read on it :)
but you're right... the fix might belong to openAtatchment
[14:22]
MTempestMTempest wakes up [14:22]
Lumorno, pdf's are not shown with mediaplugin [14:23]
gac410yes, otherwise Func:... and other callers vs. viewfile might still be corrupted. [14:23]
Lumoroh wait a minute ... [14:23]
BobC_UK@GAC400: - re the http://foswiki.org/Support/HowDoIUpgradeSafelyACustomizedFoswikiInstallation :- would I be correct to say that I SHOULDN'T use any 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 upgrade package to run the three-way merge/meld against? [14:24]
Lumorit seems that pdfs now even can not be viewed with viewfile [14:24]
gac410Right - missing files in the upgrade package can cause issues. Best to always use a full package with the upgrade script.
tbh unless you've done a lot of customizing, just applying the upgrade is safe. Especially if you have created override templates instead of modifying the ones shipped with foswiki.
Lumor: Can you verify the type of corruption with pdf's ?
Is it the same 0a0d issue?
[14:25]
Lumorno, this time when I download it, it is ok. but i can not view it in the browser. [14:29]
Babaryou have pdf in mime.types? [14:29]
Lumoryes: "application/pdf pdf"
the browser also shows "application/pdf-object" but there is a blank site.
[14:29]
gac410MediaPlugin doesn't do anything with pdf's from what I can see. [14:31]
Lumoruhm. strange. changing back to the old viewfile.pm doesn't help
I didn't mean mediaplugin, I mean just clicking on the attachment
[14:31]
BobC_UKGAC400:- agreed, but as I commented earlier, the batchupload plugin asks for the templates/attach.pattern.tmpl and templates/attach.tmpl and templates/attach.classic.tmpl to be changed. ANd I can't remember what others I may have changed and forgotten about! [14:31]
Babarhow big is the pdf? [14:33]
Lumoraround 280kb [14:33]
Babarthen that's no issue [14:34]
Lumora second one with 18kb is also not showing
I'm wondering because 20 mins ago it worked
[14:34]
gac410batchupload could probably use a task to suggest changing to a skin / template override.
Lumor, could your adobe reader internal to the browser be hung. I've seen that happen. Do any PDf's work
[14:34]
LumorWhen I drag and drop some, it works
well, just let me restart everything here and clear the caches....
brb
[14:35]
***Lumor has quit IRC (Quit: brb !) [14:37]
Babargac410: hum... I'm not sure on how to fix this... [14:38]
***foswiki_irc1 has joined #foswiki
foswiki_irc1 is now known as Lumor
[14:38]
Lumorrehi. ok that helped ... [14:38]
BabarI mean, most of the openAttachment calls should get binmode, but I guess one could argue some might not [14:38]
gac410Babar: another victim of the refactored store.
what is the disadvantage of always using binmode. Shouldn't we never alter an attachment.
[14:38]
Lumorok now the crlf problem seems to be solved. what about the mediaplugin ? any further hints on that ? [14:40]
gac410So what goes wrong with MediaPlugin now? [14:40]
Babargac410: so you would put the binmode $stream; in Store::VC::Handler.pm ? [14:41]
Lumorflash is shown, pdf doesn't work. there's just nothing [14:41]
***toffe82 has joined #foswiki [14:42]
gac410MediaPlugin doesn't have any code to detect/handle PDF's so I'm not sure they are supposed to be supported.
Babar, that's where I was homing in on before.
[14:42]
Lumorwell, there is even an example for a pdf on the mediaplugin wiki site [14:43]
gac410Okay - so it's obvious I've never done anything with mediaplugin ;-) [14:43]
Babargac410: then go for it, looks like a good idea :) [14:44]
gac410Lumor - looks like MediaPlugin supplies it's own mime.types file. [14:45]
Lumorthis means wha t? [14:47]
gac410Babar: Would you do "binmode $stream" just before the return of $stream in openStore() [14:47]
Babarin openStream(), yes [14:48]
gac410Lumor, not sure yet. Can you try one more patch [14:48]
Lumorof course [14:48]
gac410gac410 wonders if MediaPlugin is reading attachments for embedding - though I can't find it. [14:48]
Lumorit works well with flash movies or youtube links. [14:49]
BabarArthurClemens: got a second for enlightenments on MediaPlugin? :) [14:49]
gac410in lib/Foswiki/Store/VC/Handler.pm could you insert a line at the end of the "sub openStream " [14:49]
Lumorgac410: yes ? [14:50]
gac410Right before the line that says "return $stream;" add the statement "binmode $stream; [14:50]
BabarLumor: don't forget to put back the ViewFile.pm
(I mean, before my patch(
)
[14:50]
Lumorbefore gac410's patch ? [14:51]
gac410That will cause the Store to always use binary regardless of who requests the file i/o
Lumor, we are moving Babar's patch to a different location, so you can remove his patch and add mine.
[14:51]
Lumorok [14:51]
gac410That should still work with viewfile attachments, and *might* fix mediaPlugin ... depending on what it does internally. [14:52]
***verboese has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 272 seconds) [14:52]
Lumorwell viewfile attachment still wirks, mediaplugin still does NOT work. [14:53]
gac410:-(
Maybe ArthurClemens will have some ideas when he returns in a few minutes.
I'm running out.
(of ideas)
Babar: Adding "binmode $stream" breaks the Func tests for subweb attachments.
and attachments
[14:54]
Lumorwell ok, that's not a big deal ... the most important thing is, that attachments are not changed when downloaded.
pdf's can also be viewed in a new window.
it just would have been nice if the embedding also would have worked.
Well now we come to my third problem today. I can't get the latexmodeplugin running (also the MathModePlugin).
;-)
[15:00]
Babarafaik, they both use some external tools
which might not be available on windows
[15:00]
MTempestThey do use external tools. [15:00]
LumorI was afraid of this ..
but normally most tools are also available on windows too
[15:00]
MTempestWhy do you want both LatexModePlugin and MathModePlugin? [15:00]
Lumorjust tried both because the first didn't work.
since we would like to use the wiki as a company wiki in a very scientific and technical company, latex formulas would be very nice ...
[15:00]
MTempestSure :) [15:01]
Lumorwell of course, you may ask why I'm trying that on a windows server ....... [15:01]
MTempestI have used MathModePlugin. It works well. [15:02]
Lumorthats just because it just fits better in our domain thing and I'm more familiar with it in the daily use.
MTempest: on windows ?
[15:02]
MTempestUbuntu [15:02]
Lumor*grmpf* [15:03]
gac410Babar - adding binmode breaks the read of "prior revisions" of attachments. [15:03]
MTempestI am looking at the settings now. [15:03]
gac410Lumor: That patch may have problems - it seems to break reading old revisions of attachments. [15:03]
Lumoroh ..
well, I'm just trying foswiki at the time for my company, we do not use it yet.
[15:04]
gac410So probably safer to use Babar's fix, since mine didn't help with the mediaPlugin issue. [15:04]
Babargac410: that's odd... the revision checking is done before the stream gets tied [15:05]
gac410"Verify prior revision contains old data" gets null instead of the old data.
So it is either breaking read, or the storing of the rev data.
[15:05]
***pattdi has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
mark_doe is now known as mark_doe_away
mark_doe_away has quit IRC (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[15:06]
ArthurClemensWhat was the problem with MediaPlugin? [15:07]
Lumorarthurclemens: it doesn't embed pdf files [15:07]
ArthurClemensas far as I know PDF files are never embedded [15:07]
LumorI'm not shure if this is possible in general. but there is an example on the mediaplugin wiki site which shows a pdf example.
perhaps someone should just remove the pdf example there.
[15:07]
gac410Babar, if I make the binmode conditional for mode ">" only, then unit tests pass. [15:08]
ArthurClemensit depends on your browser how PDFs are shown
Safari will show it in a new screen, Firefox will download it
[15:08]
Lumorof one opens the pdf in a new link/window, of course.
firefox also shows it in the current tab
[15:09]
Babargac410: what? but you'd need it for mode '<' [15:09]
MTempestLumor - I suggest you take a careful look at the dependencies for MathModePlugin and LatexModePlugin, as they are slightly different. [15:09]
ArthurClemensMediaPlugin is quite simple. It generates html code based on what you feed it [15:09]
LumorMTempest: ok thanks. I will investigate some time in this sometime. [15:10]
gac410Babar: binmode $stream unless ($mode eq '>'); kills the tests for verifying prior revision data. Gets null instead of contents. [15:10]
Babarok [15:11]
LumorArthurClemens: well ok, then embedding flash and youtube videos is working well with MediaPlugin, things like pdf don't work and should be removed from the plugin wiki site. [15:12]
MTempestIt looks like MathModePlugin uses a shell script to do a lot of the work, so you would have to port that to use MathModePlugin. LatexModePlugin uses configure settings for the programs to run, which might be easier to get working on Windows. But... I have not tried that.
MichaelDaum: Have you ever had MathModePlugin working on Windows?
[15:12]
gac410Lumor, a lot of the extensions have really only been developed on Linux. We try to keep the core code compatible with Windows, but the extensions are contributed from many sources. so it depends upon the individual contributor. [15:13]
***denisr has quit IRC (Quit: Parti) [15:13]
Lumorgac410: of course... perhaps I should try foswiki on linux and see if things work as they should. [15:17]
BabarLumor: that's what VMs are for :) [15:17]
Lumorwe already have a linux vm with media wiki on it (installed by our it company).
but i researched some time and find foswiki a bit more adequate for companies.
that's the reason why i just tested in on a windows machine
by the way, where are you guys all coming from ?
[15:17]
Babarall over the world :) [15:20]
LumorSo who's the guy who translated the foswiki interface into german ? [15:22]
BabarArthur is from Holland, Lavr from Danemark, MTempest from RSA, gac410 from the US, I'm from France, MichaelDaum is from DE, CDot is from the UK, SvenDowideit is German but lives in Australia, pharvey lives down under there too
AndreU is the german translator, and the head of translators. And he's german, of course :)
[15:22]
Lumorwell, there'd be some space for advancement in the translation ..... [15:23]
Babaruse http://translate.foswiki.org and make suggestions [15:23]
gac410The project can always use volunteers! [15:23]
Lumorgood idea.
since I'm not familiar with perl, perhaps this is something I could contribute to ;)
well thank you all for being all ears
have to go now
and thumbs up for the new release ;-)
[15:24]
gac410Thanks Lumor [15:25]
Babarthanks Lumor :) [15:25]
MartinCleaverMartinCleaver is a Brit living in Canda
who can't spell
Canada
[15:25]
Lumorby the way, what's the opposite of the virtual beer ? a bottle of water goin' stale ? [15:27]
MTempestvirtual bear [15:27]
***Lumor has quit IRC (Quit: The only reason why I don't drink is that I wanna know when I have a good time !)
ArthurClemens has quit IRC (Quit: ArthurClemens)
[15:28]
gac410Babar, for <, the code does a "tie" to a memory file, so maybe that's incompatible with streams?
er binmode?
[15:29]
Babarbut it works because it's the same code used in my patch :) [15:29]
***Maik_ has joined #foswiki
Maik_ is now known as Elron01
[15:30]
gac410I didn't run unit tests with your patch.
Would there be some way to trigger a binmode corruption on linux?
[15:30]
BabarBabar doubts we unit test viewfile anyway :) [15:31]
Elron01Good afternoon! [15:31]
CDotMartinCleaver: shouldn't that be "Candida"? Land of the brave, and home of the yeasts?
Babar: I think we do; but not very much
[15:32]
MartinCleaverLOL [15:32]
gac410CDot: have you been following the binmode issue? Attachments are corrupted on windows. [15:32]
CDotnope [15:32]
MartinCleavercould do with some decent yeasts here. Might inspire someone to make a decent beer [15:33]
CDotIbinmode is a nop, according to the doc [15:33]
BabarCDot: where did you find this convoluted tie streaming idea? :) [15:33]
CDotBabar: that was at least iteration ten of an ongoing saga
you know how it is....
[15:33]
gac410It appears not so on windows. which gets crlf conversion of attachments unless binmode is set. [15:33]
CDotBabar: if you can think of a better way, as always...... [15:34]
gac410Babar, moving the binmode up a few lines into the else{ clause fixes the unit tests and will still work for attachments without rev specified.
But I have no idea how to fix the rev tie stuff, or even if it is needed.
[15:34]
BabarCDot: I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying it's convoluted. Cf: http://geekandpoke.typepad.com/geekandpoke/2010/10/coders-great-moments.html [15:35]
CDotI try to make a habit of documenting any code I understand
what code are you talking about, anyway?
[15:36]
MTempestbinmode is most certainly not a nop in windows. [15:37]
BabarCDot: lib/Foswiki/Store/VC/Handler.pm
the openStream
but it's true as the $stream is a tied FH, I wonder what it does, as I don't recall seeing a BINMODE methog
method even
[15:37]
gac410I know this is one I won't check in hours before a new release ;-)
But I will open the task.
[15:38]
CDotBabar: ok, I read the code. So, how would *you* have done it? [15:40]
Babargac410: you're right, it doesn't belong outside the if { }
CDot: probably not that cleverly :)
[15:40]
CDotit was the only way I could find to open a filehandle on a string in memory
the alternative - a temporary files - was too horrid to contemplate
esp. when the attachment I was fighting with at the time was signficantly bigger than /tmp on the host machine
[15:40]
BabarCDot: honestly, it's pretty clever :) [15:41]
CDotI think I got it from perlmonks. Can't remember, TBH. [15:42]
***MTempest has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving) [15:42]
gac410Opened Item:9890 - urgent for now - Lavr can decide if it should block 1.1.1 IMO it's pretty significant for windows users. But only when using viewfile. [15:43]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9890 [15:43]
Babarmight just need a sub BINMODE { } to support what gac410 is trying to do :) [15:43]
CDotso, is the problem that crlf is being converted on that memory file? [15:43]
BabarCDot: on that memory file, dunno
but on all attachments, yes, for sure
[15:43]
CDotCDot would suspect the getRevision far more [15:43]
Babarbecause openAttachment uses openStream, and none of them uses binmode [15:43]
CDoton the latest rev? or just old revs? [15:44]
Babarfor older revisions... we don't know :) [15:44]
CDotor both? [15:44]
Babarhaven't tested [15:44]
gac410On latest rev for sure. [15:44]
CDotok; the tie code is only for old revs [15:44]
Babaryes [15:44]
gac410But is fix complete if we don't address the old revs. [15:44]
Babarand as you said, the tie code uses getRevision
gac410: if it's not broken, yes :)
[15:44]
CDotgac410: dunno, without testing. If it *is* a problem, then I'd expect any attempt to open an old rev to exhibit the same (broken) behaviour
e.g. browsing the attachment history and opening old revs
[15:45]
gac410right - need to get a windows setup running to test that. Mine isn't running right now. [15:45]
BabargetRevision DOES the binmode
as it uses readFile
[15:45]
CDotok; so openStream needs a binmode, and that's all she wrote [15:46]
Babaryes, so the binmode in the else should suffice [15:46]
***MichaelDaum has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection) [15:46]
Babars/shoud //
argh!
[15:46]
CDotdon't worry, we understood [15:47]
gac410My change included # SMELL: Not really certain about this. This solves corrupted attachments with viewfile on windows. But are there any negative side effects on other platforms? [15:47]
CDotgac410: no. That SMELL is not needed [15:48]
gac410okay. [15:48]
CDotthe binmode is a *requirement*, not a negative
the error was mine, in not adding it when I didn;t know it was needed
[15:48]
Babargac410: if the binmode is on line 1055, then that's OK :) [15:50]
gac410yes - 1055 [15:51]
CDotgood fix, well done tracking that one down! [15:53]
gac410okay - fix committed on trunk and release11. Along with a configure fix on trunk that is horrible ugly html
gac410 wished he knew what he was doing.
[15:58]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [16:01]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 GeorgeClark * 2b890a3 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9890: Avoid attachment corruption on windows ... - http://bit.ly/auLNUA [16:01]
***GithubBot has left [16:01]
JulianLevens has quit IRC (Quit: JulianLevens) [16:08]
..... (idle for 23mn)
tictric_ is now known as tictric [16:31]
wbniv|zZz is now known as wbniv [16:36]
MartinKaufmann has quit IRC (Quit: leaving) [16:50]
......... (idle for 41mn)
LavrJust woke up after a little nap. Fantastic work on Item:9890 [17:31]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9890 [17:31]
LavrI see another viewfile related. Item:9889 [17:32]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9889 [17:32]
gac410Between Babar and I we came up with a complete brain. ;-) Are you ever satisfied? [17:32]
LavrI have a deja-vu on that. I know I have seen the same bug before in the old project but I cannot remember if we fixed it or it is still the old bug.
The reporter has a code fix proposal which is the nicest kind of reports.
[17:33]
gac410yes - but would be best for someone with more international character set experience to test - [17:34]
LavrThere are two cases. There is the normal iso charset case where we have users using latin none-english.
And there is UTF8.
We know UTF8 has problems and we cannot address UTF8 for 1.1.1.
But we can see if viewfile works for iso charset. All you have to do to test that is use some simple characters loke and and
And they should work with normal iso -1 charset. If not then it is worth seeing if the fix he has suggested (excluding the commented our utf thing) cures it.
I need to eat now. BBL
[17:35]
.... (idle for 15mn)
***MartinSeibert has joined #foswiki [17:52]
....... (idle for 32mn)
CDot has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving.) [18:24]
MartinSeibert1 has joined #foswiki
MartinSeibert has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[18:30]
foswiki_irc4 has joined #foswiki [18:37]
foswiki_irc4Hi, i'm trying to set up some basic restrictions for our wiki. When I go to the "/System/AccessControl" topic I see a bunch of out of date information about which groups are allowed or denied in the various webs on the wiki. [18:38]
***MartinSeibert1 has left [18:39]
foswiki_irc4Isn't the table shown there suppose to automatically reflect the default preferences of each web? [18:39]
gac410foswiki_irc4: Which release are you running? [18:41]
foswiki_irc4gah, I was being stupid, I edited the wrong topic
thanks for responding
sorry for wasting your time on that :(
[18:44]
gac410np - don't worry about it - these are the easy ones to help ;-) [18:44]
.... (idle for 17mn)
wbniv: About Item:9882 - I assume this is on release 1.1? You confirmed it? [19:01]
foswikibothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9882 [19:01]
wbnivi have seen the error before [19:02]
gac410Though extender.pl line 147 doesn't seem to make much sense in any release that I can see. [19:03]
wbnivnot that the error is in CounterPlugin [19:03]
gac410Yes - rather simplistic - and I don't understand counting in initPlugin which can be called multiple times. [19:03]
wbnivnote* that the error is in CounterPlugin
i've seen it before
[19:04]
gac410installer establishes a foswiki env. so that it can checkin updates. And I believe that configure init's the plugins. [19:04]
wbnivu need to have topics that have some empty CounterPlugin value or something (don't remember the details)
yeah, i believe it inits the plugins as well
[19:05]
foswiki_irc4does anyone know off the top of thier heads where I enable Hierarchical Webs? [19:06]
wbnivStore
should be on by default tho
[19:06]
foswiki_irc4store? [19:08]
gac410wtf - CounterPlugin - if debug enabled, appends the (Web,Topic) to the counter, which of course can't be used in an arithmetic operation. [19:10]
Elron01hello there, i've a new newbie question^^
how/where can i change/create new global variables/macros ? (no complex function-macros, only imformationstores like url's,or example %WIKILOGOIMG%)
i've read the macro-manual, but i don't found this information
[19:10]
foswiki_irc4I found it sorry for being dumb [19:11]
gac410Elron01: They are set in Main/SitePreferences, or */WebPreferences
Set statement is (3-spaces)* Set WIKILOGOIMG=<whatever>
[19:12]
Elron01i know, but in Main/SitePreferences the point is: Set WEBLOGOIMG = %WIKILOGOIMG% and i want to konfigurate the macro %WIKILOGOIMG% or create a new %whatever%
Please correct me if I am wrong
[19:16]
***toffe82 has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection) [19:23]
gac410Elron01: They are inherited from Main/DefaultPreferences, but you should not edit that topic. Add it to the SitePreferences as an override.
Sorry - System/DefaultPreferences
[19:23]
***AndreU has quit IRC (Quit: AndreU) [19:25]
gac410To create a macro, just set it. * Set MYMACRO=testing ... in WebPreferences is for the web, SitePreferences for the whole site, individual topics for a single topic,
and in a user topic, for a user override.
[19:25]
Elron01mom, i'll try it ;) [19:26]
gac410See System/Macros#Setting_Preferences for the hierarchy of settings. [19:27]
***toffe82 has joined #foswiki [19:27]
Elron01now i understand! sorry for beeing dumb^^i was confused from the macro, that define himselfe like: Set WEBLOGOIMG = %WIKILOGOIMG%, but now i understand, how it works. thanks for your patience [19:31]
that poses new questions for me, but now i will try first finding the answer alone. thank you (and excuse my bad english ;) [19:36]
Lavrhttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9889 <- I have updated it and I will not recommend we hack viewfile as suggested without walking through the support of none English from start till end.
I see some inconsiatancies in the way we do it (none UTF8) but when I test things work.
I think the problem in 9889 is that he uses UTF8 and that we know we have many open bugs with.
We do not have proper UTF8 support and we know that
[19:37]
***ArthurClemens has joined #foswiki [19:41]
LavrWe have a more serious problem and that is the configure installer.
Someone raised a bug on ldapcontrib.
But the bug is that he cannot install ldap contrib because of an error reported from CounterPlugin
So AGAIN we have the problem that a bug in a plugin prevents other plugins from being installed.
THAT is a serious problem we have in configure!
configure should not fail because of errors in plugins. We are somehow doing an eval of the installed plugins and when they fail we barf. We should never fail.
gac410 you have been the expert in this area. Can't we make that eval more fault tolerant?
[19:42]
***AndreU has joined #foswiki [19:52]
LavrHe did not write which version he is using. I assume 1.1.0 but we have seen before people reporting bugs on very old versions.
But the reported line 147 does not make sense in a 1.1 context as far as I can see
[19:53]
***EugenMayer has joined #foswiki
EugenMayer has quit IRC (Client Quit)
[19:56]
LavrEven we make mistake. I see some adding several versions to it without having tested it. The reporter is supposed to put the version on which he has seen the problem. Multiple versions on when you have seen it on more versions. [20:01]
I was too fast when I said the Danish letter attachments work in 1.1. They do in Firefox but not in IE. But the fix proposed does not cure that. There is a place where we have forgotten to correctly URL encode none english letters.
Did not work in 1.0.10 either.
[20:11]
Stupid me. Yes it works in IE.
I had uploaded an HTML file as a test file and IE displayed the HTML which looked like a garbage Foswiki page. WHich it was. Something I had saved a long time ago.
I am continuing on 1.1.1 release
[20:24]
gac410Hi Lavr, I am at the limit of my perl expertise - in this case, the line 147 in extender.pl doesn't match 1.1 or 1.0.7 or trunk, so I have no idea where it is failing.
I'll try to recreate - counterPlugin is certainly simple enough - blindly trusts topic/web in initPlugin without any testing.
If it's in dependencies.pm, I don't know what to do beyond using eval. If eval doesnt' catch the error, what else is there?
[20:34]
LavrI was just going to try something because of an error log detail I saw and now I have a new problem in 1.1.1
I cannot attach files at all. All I did was svn update
[20:35]
gac410Hm - Unit tests run fine after my patch, including attachment tests. [20:36]
LavrI had not done an svn update when I came home. Something someone did today has broken attaching
Did you test attaching files in a browser?
[20:36]
gac410That is certainly where I mucked around with the openStream() use of binmode.
No - ran unit tests though. And was working toward adding a unit test to verify lack of file corruption on windows - save, revise, and compare an attachment containing crlf, and ctrl-z
[20:37]
foswiki_irc4What's the official postion at the moment on nested groups? I was reading here: http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9810 about them not behaving as expected. Currently I am unable to add groups under groups. Should I be able to and if so will this change in the upcoming build? [20:38]
LavrWhen I attach a file it looks like it is being uploaded and no errors to be seen. But nothing is attached. [20:38]
gac410Nested groups should be fully functional on 1.1
Sorry - upcomgin 1.1.1
Let me see if my vhost will run - things are in a sorry state right now.
[20:38]
LavrI am about to explode here.
I cannot believe yoy huys continue to check in code where the only test you do is unit tests
[20:39]
gac410Attach worked fine here on trunk.
image uploaded and showed inline
let me checkout release11 and switch over to there.
The change was identical in both branches, so I really expecte 1.1 to work too. But I'll verify.
[20:40]
LavrNow it works again. I do not know what difference I did
Fuck
Sorry
[20:42]
gac410The change - to set binmode on a file handle, should be a nop on linux, and works on windows. And was verified by the user reporting the issue. [20:42]
LavrI am an IDIOT. And that is official and you can quote me [20:43]
***foswiki_irc4 has quit IRC (Quit: Page closed) [20:43]
LavrI found out what I did.
I clicked manage like I have done many time. And uploaded the same file many times to get multiple versions to test viewfile.
And that worked.
Then I used the same manage interface to upload a new file and no new file was appearing on the list
But that was something we changed in Foswiki or maybe even in TWiki 4.2. In the old days you could upload new files via the manage interface of another file.
[20:43]
gac410Worked on 1.1. Okay, so you uploaded new file over top of existing? [20:44]
LavrBut many found this stupid. [20:44]
gac410I think it allows you to put new content from another source into an existing file. [20:45]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [20:45]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 KennethLavrsen * ecb25f1 (3 files in 2 dirs): Item9787: Getting ready for a much needed 1.1.1 ...
foswiki: Release01x01 WikiTranslationGnome * 10eb964 (2 files in 1 dirs): Item9526: Uncommitted translations of the last 4 hours ...
foswiki: Release01x01 commits 2b890a3...10eb964 - http://bit.ly/a580z1
[20:45]
***GithubBot has left [20:45]
LavrSo we changed it so if you have a file already attached called testfile1.zip and you click manage and then upload a file called testfile2.zip, the testfile2 is uploaded but it is added as new revision of testfile1.zip
As it should! I had forgotten.
Sorry
I need one of MichaelDaum's stress pills after that scare :-)
I need two I think
[20:45]
Babartake the blue pill! [20:47]
LavrI need a Belgian beer. And that I have [20:47]
BabarBabar varnishes in a puff of dutch smoke. [20:47]
LavrThe blue pill? I do not want to have sex now?!! [20:47]
gac410no problem - figure it's the medication. 1:31pm "Fantastic work..." 4:40: "I cannot believe yoy huys continue to check in code ..."
Both over the same one line of code ;-)
[20:47]
Babar9pm: Will you guys stop ffs! [20:48]
LavrI am always nervous just before a release. It is so emberassing for a release manager to release something just to find out the next day that a basic feature is broken so I put a lot of emotion and energy into getting this right.
I am having a flood of errors at the moment in the error_log when I attach a file.
I think it is triggered by a plugin - a none core one.
TimeTablePlugin
Ah. It is my Release01x00 code that is triggered by a goodle bot.
I do not have TimeTablePlugin installed on my 1.1 code
[20:51]
gac410Lavr, on trunk, I've installed CounterPlugin, enabled it, and then LdapContrib, no errors [20:54]
LavrI think it is some old junk he has reported the bug on. I downgraded it from urgent and ask for feedback.
but thanks for testing
(A Leffe is a good stresspill).
Cheers
[20:54]
BabarCheers mate! [20:55]
***leik has joined #foswiki [20:56]
LavrI also get some errors from 1.1 though. here is the first two lines. I need to find out what they come from.
[Mon Oct 25 22:22:56 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.11] [Mon Oct 25 22:22:56 2010] login: Use of uninitialized value in <HANDLE> at /var/www/Release01x01/core/lib/Foswiki/Request/Cache.pm line 255., referer: http://merlin.lavrsen.dk/foswiki11/bin/login/Myweb/DanishLetters%c6%f8%e5Topic?foswikiloginaction=validate;foswikioriginalquery=3ed2e7d7e093e47c20d7074bba956915
[Mon Oct 25 22:22:56 2010] [error] [client 192.168.1.11] [Mon Oct 25 22:22:56 2010] login: readline() on unopened filehandle at /var/www/Release01x01/core/lib/Foswiki/Request/Cache.pm line 255., referer: http://merlin.lavrsen.dk/foswiki11/bin/login/Myweb/DanishLetters%c6%f8%e5Topic?foswikiloginaction=validate;foswikioriginalquery=3ed2e7d7e093e47c20d7074bba956915
[
here was another scare. Look at this URL which is a viewfile http://merlin.lavrsen.dk/foswiki11/pub/Myweb/DanishLetters%c6%f8%e5Topic/danish_withwider.png
First reaction. Oh No! Garbage.
Until I find out it is an old screenshot of some garbage :-)
[20:56]
BobC_UKMay I ask about the syntax used in the %IF{}% MACRO? How do I test for this condition: %IF{"'%TOPIC%'/lc(name) ~ 'web*'" but change it so that it is true if the %TOPIC%/lc(name) begins with 'web*' OR 'var*' ? Thanks. [20:59]
LavrI have tried all the same things now and I do not get error log entries. Mysterious
%IF{"'%TOPIC%'/lc(name) ~ 'web*' OR '%TOPIC%'/lc(name) ~ 'var*'"
[21:00]
BobC_UKOk thanks. Was trying to shoehorn the OR into the ~'....' bit!
Perfect!
[21:02]
LavrIt is not a regex so you cannot do such fancy things. In 1.1.0 though we have =~ which is regex. I have not tried it much.
But I am actually sure when you only have two to check the simple one is faster
[21:05]
BobC_UKI'll take your word on that! ;-) [21:05]
LavrThe errors I had in the log relates to login of a topic with Danish characters and I cannot reproduce it now. [21:07]
***Colas has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
ColasHome has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection)
Demosthenes has joined #foswiki
[21:10]
LavrI think it was a rare combination of CSRF check and not being authenticated that failed. Something that only happens when you paste in a URL of a transitional action from FF to IE in a test environment.
I continue with 1.1.1.
And hurry while the Leffe (which is now empty) still works.
[21:12]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [21:16]
GithubBotfoswiki: master ArthurClemens * 875f5f0 (2 files in 2 dirs): Item9891: Update jquery nyroModal lib in configure ... - http://bit.ly/a33tZ4 [21:16]
***GithubBot has left [21:16]
LavrIt seems I just got the last updates to Spanish and German included. I wonder if a string changed. Better check Danish [21:18]
***Elron01 has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds) [21:18]
LavrDanish, German and French are at 100%. The 3 major languages in the world :-) [21:19]
wbnivand ENGLISH! ;p [21:19]
LavrWhen I make fun of my wife (who's native language is French) I usually say that the manual of her kitchen thing is in the 3 major languages.
Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish.
[21:20]
wbnivgiggle
so, they left out icelandic ???
[21:20]
LavrThey can read Danish. [21:21]
BobC_UK@Lavr: Actually the %IF{"'%TOPIC%'/lc(name) ~ 'web*' OR '%TOPIC%'/lc(name) ~ 'var*'" doesn't work after all. If I remove the OR '%TOPIC%'/lc(name) ~ 'var*' (i.e. back to the original condition) the Macro result is as expected if the Topicname begins with 'web' and is as expected if the Topicnmae doesn't begin with 'web'. But adding the additional bit for testing 'var*' breaks the logic for
both 'web*' and "var*", if you see what I mean? :confused:
[21:22]
LavrIceland is the only country in the world where they learn Danish in school - besides Denmark. Because Iceland was Danish until the 2nd world war where they declared independence while we were busy talking to some Germans.
Try () around the two () OR ()
[21:22]
BobC_UKOK. let me try.... [21:23]
leikLavr, about cache, can we set cacheable off or set dirtyarea on by default in Sandbox.WebHome in 1.1.1? I think it is especially for that page since that's where users create stuff for testing and then don't find it. [21:23]
LavrI have never used the '%TOPIC%'/lc(name) by the way. That is new to me. But looks smart. [21:23]
***favioflamingo has joined #foswiki [21:24]
Lavrleik - You can do that yes.
I will not do more changes today on 1.1.1. I am about to build it now.
[21:24]
BobC_UKThanks @Lavr, that does work. [21:25]
leikok, no biggie [21:25]
***terceiro has joined #foswiki
Demosthenes has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
GithubBot has joined #foswiki
[21:26]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 KennethLavrsen * 705adf4 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: Small fix in release note ... - http://bit.ly/aCuVc6 [21:30]
***GithubBot has left [21:30]
wbniv[16:19] <Lavr> Danish, German and French are at 100%. The 3 major languages in the world :-)
?
also czech
dutch
and i'm trying really hard to get spanish to 100%
i hope i can get that done before u have a zip ready to ship... ;/
nope, what's in is what's in
92% translated + the fuzzies
[21:36]
Lavrgac410 I ran the unit tests and they fail
I think it is OK but I have not seen this before.
ConfigureTests::test_Util_createArchive_perlZip
CANNOT RUN test for zip archive: Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC
Assertion failed at /var/www/Release01x01/core/test/unit/ConfigureTests.pm line 1612
UploadScriptTests::test_illegal_propschange fails with Expected:'F__.php.txt'
But got:'F()__.php.txt'
UploadScriptTests::test_illegal_upload
Expected:'F__.php.txt'
But got:'F()__.php.txt'
That seems like the attachments were expected renamed but were now.
My guess is that this is unit tests failing because of errors in unit tests.
Need 2nd opinion. The Archive thing must be missing CPAN on the machine I run the tests on. I used to run tests on another machine.
[21:50]
wbnivprobably. and the code falls back to the external program zip iirc [21:53]
LavrI have the explanation of the upload tests.
They depend on a configure setting {UseLocale}
When you have {UseLocale} on then the upload filters are less aggresive.
Those unit tests need to set this parameter so it does not depend on the actual server configuration
So I think I can continue with the build which I will start NOW so I can keep it within Monday.
Build is running now.
[21:54]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [22:00]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 KennethLavrsen * 9b046f3 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: Add anchor we can link to from download page. We have relied on TOC links. That is not reliable ...
foswiki: Release01x01 KennethLavrsen * 095b8f7 (0 files in 0 dirs): Item000: BUILD Foswiki-1.1.1 at Mon Oct 25 21:57:27 2010 GMT ...
foswiki: Release01x01 commits 705adf4...095b8f7 - http://bit.ly/bPPd3z
[22:00]
***GithubBot has left [22:00]
LavrGetting ready to test the just built ZIP [22:01]
***sreher has joined #foswiki [22:03]
LavrQuick sanity show the basic work from zip.
Now I create the upgrade packages which is a manual process.
[22:06]
***pharvey_ has joined #foswiki
AndreU has quit IRC (Quit: AndreU)
AndreU has joined #foswiki
[22:10]
BobC_UKAnother quick question if I may.... How do I refer to the topic form field (Topic?)Title within the topic body itself? Thanks. [22:14]
***favioflamingo has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
AndreU has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[22:14]
Lavr%FORMFIELD [22:27]
***ArthurClemens has quit IRC (Quit: Leaving...) [22:31]
LavrUpgrade packages built. Now GPG signing [22:33]
BobC_UKThanks @Lavr! [22:36]
LavrNow ready to upload [22:37]
***terceiro has quit IRC (Remote host closed the connection) [22:42]
gac410Lavr, The ConfigureTests should have "expected" to fail due to missing zip/tar, so it should actually not report a failure in the summary. [22:43]
LavrSourceforge is again having problems with their admin stuff. The file upload beta they have worked fine last time where I could upload all in one go.
So Now I am trying the old where you upload one file at a time
While this happens please review and edit if needed http://foswiki.org/Download/FoswikiRelease01x01x01
LInks are broken until I have uploaded to SF'
[22:47]
wbnivLavr: i fixed some things (that i broke last time), but checked them into sv
n
[22:52]
***BobC_UK has quit IRC () [22:52]
LavrThe link I refer to is the download page. It is not on SVN
I have put upgrade description on it both from 1.0.X and 1.1.0
The upgrade packages are for 1.1.0 only.
[22:53]
wbnivyeah, i see now [22:54]
***sreher has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds) [22:56]
Lavr4th file of 9 being uploaded now
zip and tgz of full pack, zip and tgz of upg pack, GPG signatures for each of those 4 and an MD5 checksum for the 4.
I wonder how many that actually check the GPG signature. I have the feeling I waste my time doing that.
[22:57]
pharvey_Lavr: more than once I've gotten a bad download from a dodgy sf.net mirror. I could tell the download was bad because the filesize is different, but it's still nice to have (and all the cool kids do it :) [23:00]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [23:01]
GithubBotfoswiki: Release01x01 WillNorris * bd554ae (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: fix goofed links ... - http://bit.ly/9u2AJC [23:01]
***GithubBot has left
GithubBot has joined #foswiki
[23:01]
GithubBotfoswiki: master WillNorris * 77253fa (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: same formatting as 1.1.1 doc ... - http://bit.ly/ct21e0 [23:01]
***GithubBot has left [23:01]
LavrThe .asc files have been downloaded 4 times for 1.1.0 [23:01]
wbniv the goofed links you checked in came after I built 1.1.1.
so not included
minor detail so no problem
[23:08]
***GithubBot has joined #foswiki [23:15]
GithubBotfoswiki: master DanDascalescu * 52452c6 (1 files in 1 dirs): Item9787: fixed some typos in WebNotify.pm ... - http://bit.ly/9Te5FN [23:15]
***GithubBot has left
BobC_UK has joined #foswiki
[23:15]
toffe82 has left [23:22]
wbnivhttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9788
can we make Options FollowSymLinks? the default? it is also required for dreamhost, and probably most other shared hosting setups, i'd imagine.
[23:28]
gac410I don't know of any disadvantage - but I'd guess some might consider it to have security ramifications - allowing apache to follow a link out of the web directory.
If I could somehow create symlinks, could I cause apache to serve files that it normally would not be able to access?
[23:31]
***MartinCleaver has quit IRC (Quit: MartinCleaver) [23:32]
.... (idle for 17mn)
LavrSo. All the release work should be done now. 1.1.1 is released and announced. Now it is the special installation packages that needs to follow up.
So now I can sleep well. The unstable 1.1.0 is replaced with something that should be much more stable. Hopefully at same stability level as 1.0.10.
[23:49]
gac410Great work Lavr, thanks for getting this released. [23:55]
wbnivyeah, good job pushing it through. let's continue to make new patch releases every month or two now! :D [23:56]
LavrThanks guys. And thanks for all your hard work. gac410 you are the proud number 1 on http://foswiki.org/Tasks/HallOfFame [23:59]

↑back Search ←Prev date Next date→ Show only urls(Click on time to select a line by its url)