#foswiki 2012-03-15,Thu

↑back Search ←Prev date Next date→ Show only urls(Click on time to select a line by its url)

WhoWhatWhen
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to Release01x01: http://git.io/tip-Lg
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item9526: Uncommitted translations in the last 4 hours - WikiTranslationGnome
[00:16]
***GithubBot has left [00:16]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9526 [ Item9526: Translation work (needed for Pootle auto-checkin - please don´t close) ] [00:17]
.................. (idle for 1h29mn)
walden_hi, i'm slightly confused about http://foswiki.org/System/InstallationGuide#A_40Not_applicable_on_Windows_41_Set_the_file_and_directory_permissions_for_the_installation
it seems to assume that you have root access, but i am on a shared server that doesn't provide that
[01:46]
AlexisHazellYou can't chmod even as the user you log in to that server as? [01:51]
gac410Generally the permissions in the tar archive are supposed to be correct. Can you even see file permissions? [01:52]
walden_actually, i'm trying to figure out what the apache user/group is now
chown: changing ownership of `foswiki': Operation not permitted
[01:55]
SvenDowideitif you're doing hosted installs
then look at one of the hosted howto's
most shared hosting setups use a variation on the mod_userdir
(basically, yes, the install guide is telling you more than you want or need to know, cos there are so many different ways to setup&install
[02:02]
pharveyThe last shared hosting I used, I was pretty much stuck with whatever ownership my files ended up with [02:04]
SvenDowideity, and the hosting was likey set up to use that ownership [02:05]
walden_so where can i find a guide for the a hosted install of foswiki? [02:05]
SvenDowideitin the support web iirc [02:05]
gac410SvenDowideit: I'm adding a "remove user" cleanup rest command to the AWSPI [02:05]
SvenDowideitthere are several, for some of the different hosters
i use dreamhost :)
gac410, nice
i'm trying to get started writing 'The evolution of a wiki todo list'
[02:05]
gac410CDot got it cleaning up an blocking our attackers. thankfully. blocked over 91 bot registrations so far over about 12 hours. [02:08]
SvenDowideitnice
needs a blog post
and who's going to propose that WASPI (we should rename it!) gets added to core and on by default
as too many default installs are put directly on the net and abandoned
SvenDowideit sick :(
[02:09]
gac410it really needs tuning unfortunately. [02:10]
SvenDowideitwe've sent the girls to the grandparents for the day :/
gac410, y, new task: add auto update to WASPI
meh :)
so - does that mean f.o does not do rego validation?
[02:10]
pharveywalden_, SvenDowideit: ok, I'm setting up a http://foswiki.org/Support/SharedHosting gateway topic [02:12]
SvenDowideitor does the spammer script for that too
pharvey, we don't have one?
[02:12]
pharveynope [02:12]
SvenDowideitargh! github's broken, ca n't fork a project [02:13]
walden_pharvey: excellent, thank you! [02:13]
pharveyor maybe we do, but I'm too blind to see it [02:13]
SvenDowideitwalden_, what hoster are you using [02:13]
walden_SvenDowideit: mayfirst.org, it's somewhat non-standard [02:13]
SvenDowideitmmm, i can't even watch this project
SvenDowideit giggles
i've never seen a hoster that was 'standard'
they all think special sauce helps
ok, so is there a reason we don't want to turn on validation?
[02:13]
walden_i'm starting to wish we had a virtualized server and root access [02:14]
SvenDowideitthus increasing by 5% the chance that rego's are done by someone that has the email that they rego with?
walden_, its not really needed
mostly you need to know what the hoster wants you to do with perl cgi stuff
their docco is way more likely to apply than any we write
yes, but requireing rego means that the thing registering actually needs to be associated with the email address they supply
whereas without, i can enter your email address and then edit
i wonder who decided / didn't decide to turn validation on :)
oh
github is just useless without js
gac410, exactly
so require validatoin means someone's reading that email
and that they decide to follow through
[02:15]
gac410right. the email can be read, retrieved with pop3, etc. [02:17]
SvenDowideity, which is better than without [02:17]
pharveywalden_: http://foswiki.org/Support/SharedHosting should now have a list of the shared hosting related documentation that I could find & tag. However, it still may not help you (but I would encourage you to help write more doc, if you have time) [02:17]
gac410right. who made decision on validation anyway? [02:19]
SvenDowideiti suspect it was no-one [02:19]
walden_pharvey: thanks, this looks helpful [02:19]
SvenDowideitie, we didn't turn it on because we didn't think about doing so [02:19]
pharveynp [02:20]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit runth for the hillth [02:21]
pharveypharvey ponders improving MongoDB update rest handler [02:21]
AlexisHazellWhat do i need to install so that RcsWrap unit tests don't fail with a "NO COMPATIBLE co" message? [02:22]
pharveyis that the message you get when you don't have rcs installed?
to answer my own question: that's the message you get when the test tries `co -V` and it fails
so yes, it seems you either don't have RCS installed, or it's not in the PATH
[02:23]
AlexisHazellOkay, thanks. :-) [02:24]
pharveysomebody should improve the error message :P
pharvey hids
[02:24]
AlexisHazelli've never actually used rcs. [02:24]
pharveyRCS is boring :-) [02:25]
AlexisHazell:-) [02:26]
walden_so i tried http://foswiki.org/Support/FoswikiOnLinuxSharedHostCommandShell
but i got: "Can't locate WWW/Mechanize.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at foswiki-install-shared-hosting.pl line 278.
"
[02:28]
AlexisHazellDoes your hosting provider allow you to install arbitrary Perl modules? [02:29]
walden_i'll check... [02:30]
AlexisHazellpharvey: Hm, now i'm getting a failure on RCSHandlerTests::test_mktmp
"Permission denied"
AlexisHazell goes to investigate
[02:31]
pharveyis this on windows? [02:32]
AlexisHazellNo, Ubuntu. [02:32]
pharveydo you get a useful backtrace? I can't remember when, but sometimes it seems that File::Spec falls back to /tmp rather than working/tmp in some situations (or is that CGI.pm and the cgisess files?) - don't mind me, just rambling [02:34]
AlexisHazellHm .... [02:35]
SvenDowideiti think /tmp is protected in ubuntu
cos they like to break things
iirc there is a setting you can use to tell rcs to go elsewhere
but .... friends don't let friends use ubuntu >:}
[02:38]
gac410yeah. I think it's an ENV. I was looking at setting it for 1.2 - I have a proposal [02:39]
AlexisHazellTurns out the perms on the core/pub directory were wrong.
As for using Ubuntu: Heh, well, i started out on RH5.2, moved to Mandriva several years ago, then recently felt that the uncertainty around Mandriva meant i needed to move my systems elsewhere.
(i manage several Linux boxen for family and friends.)
[02:42]
pharveyubuntu 10.04 is survivable [02:44]
AlexisHazellUbuntu seemed the best option for a couple of netbooks that i needed to manage, and it went from there.
But, yeah, have been really unhappy with Oneiric, on top of the "Canonical likes to break things" issue.
[02:44]
SvenDowideitreally dumb q
why was debian not the best option?
given that ubuntu is a subset of debian
everyone thinks ubuntu is debian plus stuff, but actually, ubuntu doesn't take all of debian
[02:45]
AlexisHazellTbh, i wasn't sure how up-to-date debian was "out of the box". [02:46]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 3 new commits to master: http://git.io/taIsOA
[foswiki/master] Item10762: Adding debug output for spurious TOPICINFOs - PaulHarvey
[foswiki/master] Item10762: perltidy and set TRACE back to 0 - PaulHarvey
[foswiki/master] Item11474: Fix doc for running rest handler on CLI - PaulHarvey
[02:46]
***GithubBot has left [02:46]
pharveywe ended up with Ubuntu 10.04 because, at the time, Debian hadn't released squeeze yet and there was some weirdness with the backup vendor [02:47]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10762 [ Item10762: _authorWikiName in TOPICINFO causes problems ]
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11474 [ Item11474: MongoDB system doc incorrect advice for running rest script ]
[02:47]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit ponders the correlation with 'best option' and 'wasn't sure', and runs away
if only we copied ubuntu's marketing strenght
[02:47]
pharveyUbuntu Server (well, for 10.04 anyway) seems to be exactly the debian installer anyway
always bothered me that the desktop installer couldn't cope with a software raid + jfs disks :)
the most annoying part of everything is that I can't apt-get install sunjava any more
[02:48]
AlexisHazellSvenDowideit: Heh, no, you're right to pull me up on not having investigated debian enough .... given resource constraints (in terms of time/energy), i just went "Ah stuff it, i know i don't want Fedora, i know i don't want OpenSUSE, not sure how much time and effort i'll need to expend on getting debian working for family and friends, Ubuntu seems reasonable." [02:50]
SvenDowideitmumble. [02:50]
AlexisHazellBut back to unit tests: the run completed with 4 failures. [02:51]
SvenDowideitanother example of how the people doing most of the work get bypassed for the company doing the marketing and bringing in the dollars :(
darnit, i'm procrastinating, gone
[02:51]
AlexisHazellFn_SEARCH::test_groupby_none_using_subwebs
Fn_SEARCH::verify_Item10398_ForkingSearch
[02:51]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10398 [ Item10398: Item10344 work introduces some breakage ] [02:52]
AlexisHazellFn_SEARCH::verify_Item10398_PurePerlSearch
and
Fn_SEARCH::verify_Item10398_BruteForceQuery
[02:52]
pharveyAlexisHazell, is this on a 'vanilla' Foswiki? [02:54]
AlexisHazellNot sure what you mean; this is basically on a checkout of core i did a few days ago. [02:55]
pharveycould you pastebin the test failure output? [02:56]
AlexisHazelli've not done anything except make sure that configure is happy.
Sure.
[02:56]
gac410Sven - Opened Item11645 [02:59]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11645 [ Item11645: Sendmail failures on FreeBSD ] [02:59]
AlexisHazellpharvey: http://pastebin.com/VhyjRawq [03:02]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Hp7Mlw
[foswiki/master] Item10942: Add debug output TRACE - PaulHarvey
[03:03]
***GithubBot has left [03:03]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10942 [ Item10942: Nested attributes feature: metadata handling ] [03:03]
pharveyAlexisHazell: funny, I get assert failures there when MongoDBPlugin is enabled sometimes
are you sure you're running an up-to-date checkout?
[03:09]
AlexisHazellHm, i admit i haven't updated it since i first checked it out a few days ago. [03:10]
pharveyalso: could you ensure you have no data/Temporary* directories
this assert failure indicates that we didn't get a valid revision number back from the saveAs result
[03:10]
AlexisHazellThere's a TemporaryAddressTestTestWeb [03:11]
pharveyoh yeah, I've been meaning to fix that. That's normal (if wrong) [03:11]
AlexisHazellBut that's the only Temporary* directory in data/ [03:11]
pharveyWhat happens if you run these tests in isolation? [03:11]
AlexisHazellGood question; i'll try that shortly. [03:11]
pharveyok, that's good. Was just wondering if we had stale ,v files confusing the history somehow [03:11]
..... (idle for 22mn)
gac410for a rest handler, if I set "validate" in the registerRESTHandler, shouldn't it automatically require strikeone? Or is that not implemented [03:33]
pharveyI thought it was... [03:34]
gac410I thought so too. hm. maybe I have a typo [03:35]
pharveyvalidate => 1 IIRC [03:35]
gac410yeah - that's what I have set :-( [03:35]
pharveyreading the code on trunk - it seems to be implemented [03:36]
AlexisHazellpharvey: i can see how to run e.g. just the Fn_SEARCH tests, but how do i run a single test within that? [03:36]
pharveythe unit test is RESTTests::test_validate
AlexisHazell: Fn_SEARCH::test_foo
[03:36]
gac410yeah and on release11 too Need to trace, I seem to be able to resend my rest requests. [03:37]
AlexisHazellpharvey: Thanks. [03:37]
pharveyoh, here's a comment in the code:
gac410: "# SMELL: Note we don't expire the validation code. If we expired it,"
# then subsequent requests using the same code would have to be
# interactively confirmed, which isn't really an option with
# an XHR
so, WTF
:)
[03:37]
gac410Ah.... yup - that's it. and indeed I am sending the same code. [03:38]
pharveyI guess that's a feature [03:39]
gac410yeah. I should have remembered that. [03:39]
AlexisHazellSo all four tests failed individually.
i then went to update as per http://www.foswiki.org/Development/SubversionBasedInstall
Passed "-uninstall all" to pseudo-install.
Which worked.
But "svn update" is returning "Skipped '.'"
(And now pseudo-install developer doesn't work.)
[03:41]
harlansorry to re-ask, but there was a recommendation about redirecting new registration email to a moderator who would review them, and if accepted (something happens) and then we have to put the new user into a different group? [03:52]
gac410The normal email validation is sent to the moderator. The moderator can then click the link to let the user in, or ignore it. [03:53]
harlanwas this documented somewhere? [03:54]
gac410yes. It's in the support web, and it might even be in the 114 shipped docs. Hang on [03:54]
harlan'll keep diging too [03:55]
gac410System/ManagingUsers Section on Manually approving registrations [03:55]
harlantanks a bunch! [03:55]
gac410yw [03:55]
AlexisHazellSo, is there something i should have done differently in trying to sync with the latest svn code? [03:58]
gac410I usually just do "svn update" [03:59]
AlexisHazelli shouldn't have done the -uninstall thing? [04:00]
gac410I usually don't bother but... probably the best way. Actually either that or use a script to remove any untracked files. Though that's rather destructive. [04:01]
AlexisHazellOkay, so how do i recover from here? [04:02]
gac410what happens when you pseudo-install [04:02]
AlexisHazell"Could not open MANIFEST: No such file or directory at ./core/pseudo-install.pl line 1264." [04:03]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/FQo8dQ
[foswiki/master] Item11646: Easy way to remove spam accounts - GeorgeClark
[04:04]
***GithubBot has left [04:04]
gac410wow. Something serious got removed. [04:04]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11646 [ Item11646: Add a way to remove spam users in AntiWikiSpamPlugin ] [04:04]
AlexisHazellIndeed! [04:04]
gac410and "svn update" what does that do? [04:05]
AlexisHazell"Skipped '.'" [04:05]
gac410That's it? how about "svn status | less" [04:06]
AlexisHazellYes, that's it.
"svn: warning: '.' is not a working copy"
[04:06]
gac410hm. sounds like the .svn file / directory got removed?
Or maybe permissions?
[04:07]
AlexisHazellWell, i certainly haven't done so manually ....
It was working until pseudo-install -uninstall
There's certainly no .svn file/directory in foswiki/ now.
[04:07]
SvenDowideitbleaugh.
so I have a list of minor issues with CommentPlugin and EditTablePlugin
[04:09]
gac410I just ran "./pseudo-install -uninstall" and nothing bad happened. [04:09]
SvenDowideitand presumably, the more i write, the more little things i'll find
i'm going to make tasks later, but i will probably commit too many fixes to 1.1.5 for it
[04:09]
AlexisHazellgac410: Well, i did "-uninstall all" [04:10]
gac410hm... trying [04:10]
SvenDowideitso gac410 feel free (presuming that i do) to revert any that you think are a bad idea
(then again, i might just ignore them, who knows)
[04:10]
gac410we are 2 weeks away from release. I'd like us to avoid last minute changes.
5 days from Release Candidate.
[04:11]
SvenDowideitmany might be docco [04:12]
gac410Doco no problem
(provided it's not in MAKETEXT
:-)
[04:12]
SvenDowideiti'm basically just writing a list of things that hit me as impeadences while i'm writing this slide-deck
so i don't know what the solutions are, and i'm trying hard not to
SvenDowideit wonders if he could just write a kickstarter proposal for a full length foswiki training/book
and decides that its unlikely
SvenDowideit goes again
[04:12]
gac410AlexisHazell: I have no idea what's going on. I just did -uninstall all and it was fine. [04:14]
AlexisHazellgac410: :-( [04:14]
gac410All pseudo-install does it deal with extensions, Something really nasty happened. [04:14]
SvenDowideitmmm
one that annoys me is that EDITTABLE is not a multi-line enabled macro
i hate putting 300 charaters on one line
[04:15]
gac410gac410 proposes tmltidy for long-line adverse [04:16]
SvenDowideitcept that it'll break lots of macros
including EDITTABLE
[04:16]
gac410AlexisHazell: every directory should contain a hidden directory ".svn"
I have no idea how they could get removed. pseudo-install certainly shouldn't touch them.
[04:17]
AlexisHazellThere's one in core/ [04:18]
gac410So in core, does svn status say anything useful? [04:18]
AlexisHazell"svn: warning: '.' is not a working copy" [04:19]
gac410wow. [04:19]
AlexisHazellOh wait, sorry, i did that within .svn
svn status there returns a long file list, each entry prepended with '?'
Could i try svn update from there?
[04:19]
gac410The files with ? are "untracked" files - locally created, user topics, etc.. [04:21]
AlexisHazellAh okay. [04:21]
gac410svn update should be run from core, or from the root of the install (directory above core) [04:21]
AlexisHazellsvn update doesn't work from the root.
But i'll try it from core now.
That worked!
*goes to alter SubversionBasedInstall*
[04:22]
gac410no... wait.
It really ought to work from above core. All of the core plugins at the same level as core. svn update should run from there to update all the extensions plus core.
[04:27]
AlexisHazellSorry, just made the change! - Should i revert that edit? [04:30]
gac410let me look [04:30]
AlexisHazell(Also, running pseudo-install developer then works from within core, but not from the root.) [04:30]
SvenDowideitmmm
i thought we had numbered headings
and, why, oh why are there so many docco topics
[04:32]
gac410AlexisHazell: pseudo-install is run from core. svn update should definitely be the level above core or I'm not sure you'll get extension updates. Not really sure though as I don't usesvn any more. [04:34]
SvenDowideitSystem/EditingShorthand, System/TextFormattingRules, System/WikiSyntax ? [04:34]
AlexisHazellgac410: Hm. Well, i'm not sure what to do then, as svn update certainly wasn't working from the root .... [04:34]
gac410I really don't know. Above core, do have all the extensions? AutoViewTemplatePlugin CompareRevisionsAddOn EmptyPlugin InterwikiPlugin ... [04:35]
AlexisHazellLooks like it .... [04:37]
SvenDowideitah :/ http://foswiki.org/Tasks/ExplicitNumberingPlugin
i wonder how poorly it interacts with wysiwyg, and so don't try it
[04:37]
***gac410 has left [04:46]
.... (idle for 17mn)
AlexisHazellSo, running the unit tests after doing an svn update from within core/ results in only one failure now (AddressTests::test_roundtrips).
Does the fact that i can't do an svn update from the foswiki root mean that i shouldn't be checking in code?
[05:03]
SvenDowideitna
it'll be fine
[05:08]
AlexisHazell*relieved*
At this point there's only one line i've been wanting to check in, so ....
[05:08]
SvenDowideitwe're here to help if something goes boom, and we can really easily fix / revert stuff [05:09]
AlexisHazell:-) [05:09]
SvenDowideitand the first commit is always the hardest
considering that its been.... how long since Rich_Morin and jayen got commit permission, and they've not commited yet :)
its by far the hardest thing about opensource - getting over the worry and just doing it
aka - perfect is the enemy of progress
SvenDowideit is a radical progressive >snigger<
[05:09]
jayensorry
i'm just afraid of breakage
[05:10]
AlexisHazellHeh, okay. [05:11]
SvenDowideitmmm, writing a slide deck to show the different ways to make use of wiki's :) [05:11]
jayenreally want to test stuff properly [05:11]
SvenDowideitjayen, please, don't be afraid
chances are, once you think its perfect, someone will see something you didn't
whereas by commiting stuff that mostly works, you get the chance for easrlier feedback
and if no-one notices, then perfect might not be as useful as the first 50%
[05:11]
jayeni also want to get in to the habit of writing tests. [05:12]
SvenDowideithehe - thats easier, but
horse - see water - etc
[05:12]
jayeni also need to spend more than an hour a week on some things [05:14]
SvenDowideitnono! [05:14]
jayenon foswiki things i mean [05:14]
SvenDowideiti've had to learn that the hard way in the last 3 years [05:14]
jayenlike i don't spend much time on it [05:14]
SvenDowideitsince the kids were born
one hour is a massive amount
[05:14]
jayenbetter than 0, i know [05:15]
SvenDowideitand so long as you publish wha you did in the hour, you benefit from the OSS multiplier [05:15]
jayenyeah, i 'publish' it to a task, usually [05:15]
SvenDowideitwhich is a harder discipline than TDD even [05:15]
jayenso at least it gets reviewed before it's commited [05:15]
SvenDowideitha!
its more likely to be reviewed if you commit
thats the basic thing - we don't have enough time/attention, so commits get read first
then the next attention is the work we're doing
and tasks come after that - unless we have other things todo
mmmm, _that_ might be a worthwhile blog-twit
[05:15]
jayensome of this might be useful to add to the developers guide, too
just not sure where. it's already so big
[05:17]
SvenDowideitattention economy means that reading commits is defensive, commiting is offensive and reviewing tasks is passive
ya - we need deletionista's
SvenDowideit goes back to writing slides :)
[05:17]
http://vimeo.com/35927275 [05:25]
.... (idle for 19mn)
AlexisHazellSvenDowideit: Did you send me a password to enable me to do svn commits? [05:44]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/Z1rYkA
[foswiki/master] Item10994: test "too many formfields" index problem - PaulHarvey
[05:47]
***GithubBot has left [05:47]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10994 [ Item10994: MongoDBPlugin can run out of indexes before they're enabled on =_topic=, =_web= and friends ] [05:48]
pharveyAlexisHazell: it's the same as your foswiki.org login [05:56]
AlexisHazellpharvey: Ah okay, thanks. :-) [05:56]
.... (idle for 19mn)
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/L0AViA
[foswiki/master] Item9879: Fix using max-width property, which is buggy in Safari 1.3, IE=<6 and IE8 - AlexisHazell
[06:15]
***GithubBot has left [06:15]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item9879 [ Item9879: =configure= needs to fit on 1024 pixel wide screen without horizontal scrolling ] [06:16]
..... (idle for 22mn)
pharveyHah! Somebody other than me has used the github submodules: https://github.com/ModellAachen/ [06:38]
SvenDowideithaZ!
AlexisHazell, congrats on your first commit
someone will be along to suggest it get merged to 1.1 branch, etc, etc, etc but I'm not here atm
please hold the irc channel, your talk is important to us - where's my bot >:}
mmm, i presume few people actually use SlideShowPlugin :/
in slideshow mode, jquery stuff doesn't work
(course, i'm talking about the unenhanced 1.1.4 slides, cos atm, i'm eating release food
[06:44]
..... (idle for 20mn)
argh!
Whenever you create a topic ending in the word "Template", it is automatically added to the list of available template topics in the "Use Template" drop down field on the WebCreateNewTopic page.
which of course was written in 2004
and really needs a new brain
[07:08]
mmmm, is there really no docco on how to make an edit_template?
aka - do we suck?
[07:14]
Babar, <babar@babar.us>: host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 554 5.7.0 Reject, id=21344-12
- SPAM (in reply to end of DATA command)
just got 13 undelivered mail's
harumpf.
save and continue from edit wikitext takes me to wysiwyg
how naf is that.
yeanontherbugtofixin1.1.5
[07:26]
BabarSvenDowideit: yeah... got queued because of lack of disk space, sorry [07:33]
SvenDowideitagain?
blimey
[07:33]
Babarand should fix my spam filter [07:33]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit hands Babar a cloud [07:33]
AlexisHazellSvenDowideit: Thank you! [07:38]
SvenDowideititsapleasure [07:39]
CDotSvenDowideit: need your f/b on http://foswiki.org/Development/AddRegistrationValidationHandler [07:40]
SvenDowideitCDot, argh :) [07:40]
CDot:-) /me is worried Sven doesn't have enough to keep him busy [07:40]
SvenDowideitcan you elaborate on where in the rego process it happens?
in the 3 modes that exist atm
(no validation, email validation, bulkrego)
and what it can do other than veto via exception
like modify data, add a custom step, add user to webnoify or somthing
cos i _think_ its less just validation, and could be more general
i think i've found ~10-20 bugs in 1.1.4 (that date back to bejing really) that i need to refine so i can report and then hope to fix :(
and i'm only a third of the way through doing the initial writing of this 'training course'
mmm, i wonder :/
[07:41]
CDotit happens whevever validation is already done, which is (1) for each line in bulk (2) when initial data is gather but before verification mail sent (if enabled) (3) before anything is written
and that registrationHandler was added in Beijing with the best will in the world (simply to add cookies) and has been gathering dust ever since, so I'd like to deprecate it
[07:44]
SvenDowideitso can it add / change the data (i expec so) [07:45]
CDotyes, it can
e.g. lowercasing the login name
[07:45]
SvenDowideitgood :)
then that needs to go in the proposal :)
cos atm, its written too specifically for the task thats bleeding us
[07:46]
CDotit is in the proposal
"The reason for a handler rather than a pluggable module is that the handler can potentially modify fields in the registration record - for example, add new fields or modify existing fields (such as lower-casing login names). However the plugin author will have to be ultra-careful, as there will be no additional validation of their changes."
CDot added it a few minutes ago :-)
[07:46]
SvenDowideitgrin
other than wondering if this is not just something one would write a mini Login/Mapper for (outch), i read it this morning and thought it was good
course, i'll only know if i actually use it
and i ain't got time for that
[07:47]
CDotyeah, i wondered about a min-mapper too, but decided to do it as a handler because of the $data changing capability
seemed like a pluginy handlery kind of thing to do
[07:48]
SvenDowideiti don't see it that way - just that its something that a q&d hack might want
and a mapper / login is so far too far
[07:49]
CDoty [07:49]
SvenDowideitpresumably due to lack of docs on how trivial it is
but as we have zero docco on EDIT_TEMPLATE and sod al on most of jquery
itsalalala
so MichaelDaum_ writes:
format=" 1 <a href='%SCRIPTURL{edit}%/$web/$topic?redirectto=%BASEWEB%.%BASETOPIC%;template=Sandbox.EditTodoDataForm;skin=text' class='jqUIDialogLink {cache:false}'>$formfield(Description)</a> - $formfield(State)"
er
%JQICON{"email"}% <a href="#" class="jqSimpleModal {url:'%SCRIPTURLPATH{"view"}%/%WEB%/%TOPIC%?skin=text;section=helpText', onSubmit:function() {alert('you clicked submit in the async example')}, onCancel:function() {alert('you cancelled the async example')}}">Contact (async)</a>: opens a modal dialog with content loaded asynchronously from a named section of a topic
but, what is skin=text;section=....
SvenDowideit goes bouncing off more core docco
[07:49]
MichaelDaum_? [07:51]
SvenDowideiti'm trying hard to piece together a training course, and i keep trying to use only the docco
and there's so very little of it
[07:52]
CDotok, I'll take your +1 as read on the rego handler [07:52]
SvenDowideitCDot, yup
i've just hit a fun one though, i want to use an edit template fragment from jqUIDialogLink ajax
[07:52]
CDotMichaelDaum: I'd like you to +1 it too, please http://foswiki.org/Development/AddRegistrationValidationHandler [07:53]
MichaelDaumMichaelDaum been reading it ... sounds good ... apart from the break the feature freeze on 115 [07:53]
SvenDowideitoh - and JQueryPlugin stuff is broken in SlideShowPlugin [07:53]
MichaelDaumSvenDowideit, _which_ SlideShowPlugin ... there are two completely different ones [07:54]
SvenDowideitthe shipped one
does the trunk one work?
[07:54]
CDotMichaelDaum: I'm not going to include it in 1.1.5 [07:55]
SvenDowideiti have to talk to arthur and george about that (and 1.1.5) :( [07:55]
MichaelDaumCDot, only backwards patch it into f.o? [07:55]
CDotCDot thinks the existing changes are good enough for 1.1.5 [07:55]
SvenDowideiti dunno :)( [07:55]
CDotAntiWikiSpamPlugin already handles the spam regos [07:55]
MichaelDaumSvenDowideit, slideshit is a total embarrasment. I'd never use it on a talk. [07:56]
SvenDowideitimo we should treat 1.1.5 as though it might be our last release, after that we do something bigger - ie 1.2
MichaelDaum, that's not good enough for me
specifically because its in core
[07:56]
MichaelDaumany idea how to move stuff _out_ of the core? [07:56]
SvenDowideiti must admit that i was surprised that it wasn't updated
yea, replace it with a compatible replacement
[07:56]
MichaelDaumtrunk's slideshow is a huge leap forward [07:57]
SvenDowideitwhich is pretty trivial, as it doesn't actually define much
which would just be an upgrade, not a move out / replace
so... do you know why trunk's was not released?
or is that justa q for arthur
[07:57]
MichaelDaumKenneth said it breaks his old slides [07:58]
SvenDowideitif htere's a bug report, then i care
if not, then i don't :)
[07:58]
MichaelDaumhe never showed the slides broken by the new slideshowplugin...not that I remember [07:58]
SvenDowideitthough i guess that does make it hard to use in a patch release 2 weeks before it ships
nope, must still be alseep >:}
[07:58]
MichaelDaumpretty much longterm off [07:59]
SvenDowideitoh well, don't have time for that yet, too many other things kicking [08:00]
MichaelDaumArthur did a great job imho to keep slideshowplugin alive
on trunk
[08:00]
SvenDowideitneed to work out a edit_tmpl version of section= for jqmodal [08:00]
MichaelDaumthough it still has got some usability problems wrt navigating among slides [08:00]
SvenDowideitexcellent - that gives me hope, but i need to do this training on wednesday, on a released foswiki
so :)
[08:01]
MichaelDaumdont look at jquery.simplemodal. use jquer.ui.dialog
much nicer modals
[08:01]
SvenDowideitis it in 1.1.4?
and .... is it doccoed
[08:01]
MichaelDaumboah [08:02]
SvenDowideitif not, it fails to meet the requirements of the day [08:02]
MichaelDaumit is there for ... insert number here ... ages [08:02]
SvenDowideitthis is not a future sales demo, its a show me what i can build today, on my current install
SvenDowideit wonders why its not obvious
[08:02]
MichaelDaumhttp://foswiki.org/System/JQueryUIDialog [08:03]
SvenDowideitaha.
System/JQuerySimpleModal has no docco indicating that the poor user should look another page down in the TOC
more 1.1.5 tasks
ta, and mmm, looks like much better docco
[08:03]
MichaelDaumtheres tons of docu that I did not slurp/morph/convert/replicate into JQueryPlugin about jquery and stuff [08:05]
SvenDowideitso, another task - write upgrade guide - as its s/jqSimpleModal /jqDialogLink/
i'm talking about foswiki specific docc
not 'how to use jquery gumpf
[08:06]
MichaelDaumya well [08:06]
SvenDowideitie, the important stuff [08:06]
MichaelDaumI am pretty much on my own with that task
so I did what I was able to complete
[08:06]
SvenDowideitthats what happens - its complicated, and few people know how to help
but this one i'm writing up so i can
[08:07]
MichaelDaumdocu is *the* major bottleneck of foswiki adoption [08:07]
SvenDowideitcos if s/jqSimpleModal should be deprecated
then we should doit
snigger.
[08:07]
MichaelDaumthe other is differentiating it clearly from mediawiki [08:08]
SvenDowideiti've been using jqDialogLink all along
but refering to the simplmodal docco, cos it was sufficient to get me working
thats maddening
sadly, the dialogs css is not working on this 1.1.4 install
[08:09]
MichaelDaumthe no1 question on cebit ... by far ... was "whats the difference to wikipedia" ;) [08:10]
SvenDowideitso i have to fix that too
funny that
[08:10]
MichaelDaumnot really [08:10]
SvenDowideiti'm writing a training course on the evolution of a wiki todo list [08:11]
MichaelDaumwhich css is broken? [08:11]
SvenDowideitand its fascinating how many important dataforms stuff we use are not doccoed
the dialog chrome
[08:11]
MichaelDaumon f.o? [08:11]
SvenDowideitits transparent, and missing stuff
nope, that one works
but on this plain 1.1.4, it doesn't
[08:11]
MichaelDaumcheck the ui theme you are using. switch it to "foswiki" [08:12]
SvenDowideitmmm, on moe [08:12]
MichaelDaumin configure [08:12]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit wonders - are there more than one theme that work? [08:12]
MichaelDaumlike a couple...but ours is the best ;) [08:13]
SvenDowideitlaugh, laugh now and hard
theme==''
not undef
but ''
and tada, thankyou, you fixed it
SvenDowideit votes for a checker :/
[08:13]
MichaelDaumtook a while to craft a jquery.ui theme, making it look non-goofy [08:14]
SvenDowideiti'll bet :/
too many things, not enough time
[08:14]
MichaelDaumthe only uggly thing is fonts in pattern: the ui is times new roman ... should be sans serifish [08:15]
SvenDowideityeah, simple bug in pattern
the font definition is not on the body, but about 50 div's in
[08:15]
MichaelDaumnot sure why Arthur didnt put the font props on <body> [08:15]
SvenDowideitand the dialog html is right at the outside [08:15]
MichaelDaumy :/ [08:16]
SvenDowideiti talked to him about it
and its a 'learnt lots since then' thing
[08:16]
MichaelDaumdiveritis [08:16]
SvenDowideitactually, I could/should fixorate that for 1.1.5
thats 3 tasks more here :/
[08:16]
MichaelDaumonly three
wow
[08:16]
SvenDowideitoh, another 20 in my todo app that the training course is based on
and all in docco/edge cases
[08:17]
MichaelDaum... and they will never go beyond sadly [08:17]
SvenDowideitits funny writing yet another todo app [08:17]
MichaelDaumyata [08:17]
SvenDowideitits educational, honest :) [08:17]
MichaelDaumgtd? [08:18]
SvenDowideitgod no
this is a course on using foswiki's dataforms stuff
[08:18]
MichaelDaumoic [08:18]
SvenDowideiti'm about a month behind schedule and doing the course on wednesday
and the entire family got sick on tuesday
[08:18]
MichaelDaumcould be as easy as a bullet list in a wiki page ... but we _can_ make it complicated ... kind of thing ;) [08:19]
SvenDowideitgirls away at grandparent so pam and i can try to get better
slide 1 == bullet list
[08:19]
MichaelDaumoh ha [08:19]
SvenDowideits2 == add comment plugin [08:19]
MichaelDaumhope you both get better soon [08:19]
SvenDowideits3=rewrite as EDITTABLE
and then form s4 on its full datawiki gumpf
[08:19]
MichaelDaums911== use MetaData to store todo items [08:20]
SvenDowideitneed to see if there are other non dataform ways to skin the cat though too
datawiki ~~ dataform ~~metadata :p
[08:20]
MichaelDaumMetaDataPlugin allows you to marry DataForms to %META:FOOBARs [08:21]
SvenDowideitunless you mean that abomination you made - _that_ set of slides i'll get you to add later
yeah, that :)
[08:21]
MichaelDaumMichaelDaum hides in a pot of coffee [08:21]
SvenDowideitgrin
i need to write a few apps with that
cos i can't decide if its a good idea, or a bad one
but not this month
[08:21]
MichaelDaumMichaelDaum got his time tracking based on MetaDataPlugin [08:22]
SvenDowideity, i prefer simple tiny data topics per row
but
we also need
TableDataPlugin
[08:22]
MichaelDaumand a holidaylist integration with ICalPlugin and WebDAVContrib [08:22]
SvenDowideitand all 3 need to map to the same query language
before we deviate and realise that only one of the 3 is sane
mmm, 4 ways - single form on many topics, many forms on many topics, tables in topics and custom META in topics
[08:23]
MichaelDaumI was shocked realizing that MetaDatPlugin has got potential to morph WikiWorkbench into a completely different orbit [08:24]
SvenDowideityou need to work out how to explain why you can't do MetaDataPlugin stuff in normal topics
cos atm, i'm not sure you have a convincing argument
[08:24]
MichaelDaumtwo points for its motivatioin: [08:25]
SvenDowideitand if you invest too heavily in it too early, you'll be stuck [08:25]
MichaelDaum(1) get away from one record per topic ... instead: have multiple records on one topic [08:25]
SvenDowideitwhich is not a reason in itself - its an impl detail [08:25]
MichaelDaum(2) n:m relations stored in a "relation" topic [08:25]
SvenDowideitwhich _could_ be done the other way too [08:26]
MichaelDaumthe idea is to get away from "change dataform" to "add aspect" [08:27]
SvenDowideitbasically - work out the problem you can solve with it that you can't solve (well) the other 3 ways we could do multi-relations
y - aspects is the right term - its just you can implement them in other ways
[08:27]
MichaelDaumtechnically, MetaDataPlugin only uses whats already there in the core: registerMETA, renderForEdit, renderForDisplay, Foswiki::Form. [08:28]
SvenDowideitso we need to work out what those are, and figure out the best one [08:28]
FoswikiBothttp://trunk.foswiki.org/System/PerlDoc?module=Foswiki::Form [08:28]
SvenDowideityup, i can grok the impl
the issue is more one of working out the longer implications and what happens when the core adds them - and if they get added differently for different reasons
[08:28]
MichaelDaumI wished registering a DataForm to define the format of a meta record was core [08:29]
SvenDowideitpaul and i were gassing on aspects too [08:29]
MichaelDaumchildren wake up ... breakfast ... l8tr [08:30]
SvenDowideit:) laters
gotta go shopping to feed pam too
we need to re-open the discussion on multi-forms and the alternatives
[08:30]
..... (idle for 23mn)
harlanSo is DENYTOPICVIEW different from DENYWEBVIEW in that if I have an empty DENYWEBVIEW but stuff listed in ALLOWEBVIEW then only the folks in the ALLOWWEBVIEW can only see that web? [08:53]
........... (idle for 52mn)
***chriswerry1 has left [09:45]
CDotharlan: I'm sure I can't tell or not if that's not a double negative? [09:49]
harlanThe docs say an empty DENYTOPICVIEW means everybody sees it, even if there is any specific ALLOWTOPICVIEW.
But the docs do not say the same about the *WEB* variables.
I am looking to only allow WEBVIEW to members of a group, and I don't know what I need to do for DENYWEBVIEW
[09:50]
fsfsMichaelDaum_: when you upgraded HolidayListPlugin to 2.000, you changed the scope of $expanding from a variable local to HOLIDAYLIST() to a global variable. This leads to the bug described in http://foswiki.org/Support/Question1033 but when I look at the code, I don't understand what $expanding is good for in the first place? [09:52]
CDotharlan: IIRC I documented how it works somewhere in System web. I'm surprised the docs say that, because I thought we had reverted that particular change (the empty denytopic)
I'm wrong (just checked the code)
# If DENYTOPIC is empty, don't deny _anyone_
print STDERR "DENYTOPIC is empty\n" if MONITOR;
return 1;
and that is checked before ALLOWTOPIC
the same is not true of DENYWEB however
[10:00]
harlanok...
so for a topic, if one wants to allow only members of a group one must DENYTOPICVIEW=(anythingexceptthegroup) and then ALLOWTOPICVIEW=thegroup?
Not that I currently care about topics, I am interested in controlling webs right now.
[10:02]
CDotif DENYTOPIC is set, ALLOWTOPIC is ignored
if DENYTOPIC is set, *WEB are also ignored
[10:05]
harlanyow, in that case one must not set DENYTOPIC then>
?
[10:05]
CDotup to you. The idea is that DENYTOPIC can be used to provide fine control over a single topic in an otherwise locked-down web [10:06]
harlanok, got it.
thx...
[10:06]
CDotyrw [10:07]
...... (idle for 29mn)
***ChanServ sets mode: +o OliverKrueger [10:36]
harlanWhat city in AU are most of y'all from? [10:37]
AlexisHazellMelbourne here. :-) [10:38]
harlanOne of the guys helping us out on sysadmin is in Brisbane.
he's just learning FW.
[10:39]
AlexisHazell*nod* In the last two months i've gone from not even having heard of FW to wanting to help develop it. :-) [10:40]
SvenDowideitharlan, nice! push him in here !
i'm in brissy too
pharvey's in canberra
jayen, is sydney iirc
[10:42]
harlanhere he is - hey julian_work [10:44]
SvenDowideittada :)
SvenDowideit votes julian_work gets commit access
[10:44]
julian_workheya [10:44]
SvenDowideitSvenDowideit is collecting :) [10:44]
julian_work:) [10:45]
SvenDowideitholla [10:45]
harlanOK, maybe I can be asleep by 0400... [10:46]
SvenDowideitlol [10:46]
harlanas I recall it's a bit of a PITA to move the USERSWEB to something other than MAINWEB, right? Especially with upgrades? [10:47]
SvenDowideitsmall pita from what i hear
not a bigun
[10:48]
harlan'k [10:48]
SvenDowideitbetter to keep the Main web, but hide it
then copy it to wha tyou want to set USERSWEB
but configure's install does relocalte anything that tries to install into Main
[10:48]
harlanafter I wake up...
and it may be that I look at this again in a few days' time.
[10:50]
HenroRitchieHi - I´ve customized the bug tracker web for my own application. After playing around with it I realized that it basically only creates topics, and then filters them according to the statusses in the topic. Is it really that simple, or am I missing something? [10:50]
***ChanServ sets mode: +o OliverKrueger [10:58]
SvenDowideitHenroRitchie, does it need to be more complex?
it _is_ that simple :)
the big version of it had dependencies and timelines, estimates and other relationships, but thats ancient history
[10:58]
HenroRitchieSvenDowideit - No it doesn´t, the simplest solution is often the best :D I am just scarred that I am missing something big that will come back and bite me later on
correction scared
[11:00]
SvenDowideitnope, you're not missing anything - its a really simple one table db app
well, ish, in that each field that has a select is another table really
but thats it
I'm writing a simplified version for training purposes atm, and then will hopefully update the foswiki.org/Tasks version to be more modern
but thats mostly UI stuff
[11:00]
AlexisHazelli'm still putting together the TMS for my own org - they like what they see so far, just waiting for some further info from them to develop it further.
i'd like to eventually package it as a Contrib.
[11:03]
SvenDowideit:) [11:04]
HenroRitchieaaa - ok, thank you. The last time I looked at database integration foswiki was lacking a bit in accessing variables in tables - except when each line in the table is a topic - as used in the bug tracker. Is there any changes regarding database integration in foswiki? [11:05]
SvenDowideitnot in the current release
nor in the next i think
[11:05]
HenroRitchiethe best solution I found was interfacing with MySQL [11:05]
SvenDowideitbut foswiki2.0 [11:05]
HenroRitchieI gues that will have to do for now?
when is the foswiki 2.0 release planned?
[11:06]
SvenDowideitf2.0 will probly have both mongodb and DBI stores
but its taking time to cook
timeline is fluid - depends on some certain people being able to make/find time
but it does depend on what you need it for
svn trunk is able to function (and fast) with the MongoDB work I did with paul
[11:06]
HenroRitchieyes it does depend... thanks for the development!! [11:08]
SvenDowideitAlexisHazell, should be fun to see what it all does - hopefully my stuff will help simplify some development for you
<a class="jqUIDialogLink {cache:false}" href="http://quad/foswiki/bin/edit/Sandbox/Todo ....
is still being served from cache
that is not good.
oh dear.
jqueryui.com/demos/dialog/ - i hope i'm tired and blind
i can't see any mention of the cache: option
i wonder if that was accidentally carried over from simplemodal
mmm, or is that foswiki gear
[11:08]
julian_workI can't see the cache option either. So your not blind. [11:18]
SvenDowideitdarn. another bug for me to raise [11:19]
julian_workyou say that like it is common. [11:19]
SvenDowideiti'm writing a training course, so i'm kicking up lots of 'not quite right docco' and 'little side issues we (can) workaround
so i'm also in user testing mode
[11:23]
julian_workok [11:34]
SvenDowideitYAY!
i was right, i _can_ create a new form topic UI without needing to hand edit html
[11:47]
pharveySvenDowideit: do you think 1.2 won't work with MongoDBPlugin? [11:51]
SvenDowideitpharvey, i won't say that :)
in fact, i _think_ it will
[11:51]
pharveyRight. There's those quirks (Eg. sorting) which might make it slightly less than 'production ready' for 1.2. [11:52]
SvenDowideitand assuming that you and i have time and energy to test and make sure, then i would be surprised if something broke
but there is that risk that we are distracted..
[11:52]
pharveyI have re-started some minor fixing on some long standing problems I've been ignoring
we are *always* distracted
[11:52]
SvenDowideitpharvey, zactly [11:53]
pharveypharvey finally has a real desk to sit at, and tomorrow, hopefully some real internet :) [11:53]
SvenDowideithuzzaa :) [11:54]
.... (idle for 18mn)
***SvenDowideit sets mode: +oooo AndreU CDot harlan jayen
SvenDowideit sets mode: +ooo Lynnwood MartinCleaver Rich_Morin
[12:12]
AlexisHazellSvenDowideit: It's not /particularly/ complex, at least not at this point .... the main way it stands out from other task systems we looked at is the ability to 'publish' certain tasks as being available to volunteers, whilst keeping others "internal only". [12:15]
SvenDowideitah, so an ACL setting?
or ar eyou copying them to a public web
[12:16]
AlexisHazellACL setting.
And making use of the HTML embed element.
[12:16]
SvenDowideit:)
mmm, now to ponder if users actually need direct access to the topics backing a todo app :/
thankgoodness its late, shame i wnated to be finished days ago
SvenDowideit bumbles off, see you all on the morrow
[12:17]
AlexisHazellLater! [12:23]
........... (idle for 53mn)
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/lE2DRw
[foswiki/master] Item11644: add unit test suite, tidy up handlers - CrawfordCurrie
[13:16]
***GithubBot has left [13:16]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11644 [ Item11644: Need some way to white/black list common sources of spam registrations ] [13:17]
***foswiki_irc8 has left [13:19]
foswiki_irc0Hi all
I get always the following Error: The register script can only be called with POST method.
I can't find any option to change the method to POST
It's a clean installation from foswiki 1.1.3
[13:20]
..... (idle for 22mn)
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/v9mcOA
[foswiki/master] Item11644: lazy-load core code - CrawfordCurrie
[13:45]
***GithubBot has left [13:45]
CDotfoswiki_irc0: the method is set on the HTML form that is used to submit the registration request (method="POST" to be exact) [13:52]
gac410howdy CDot - hope you didn't mind the remove user addition. The more I thought about the f.o cleanup the more it seemed like a good idea :)
Much safer than attacking htpasswd with an editor
Though it probably ought to note that it's only fully functional in 1.1.5
[13:55]
CDotCDot made it functional in 1.1.4, plus a bunch of other improvements [14:02]
gac410You edit the WikiUsers topic too? [14:03]
CDotthat's not really needed. No. [14:03]
gac410Ah ... so the admin still needs to edit WikiUsers to remove the Mapping. That's what I fixed in 1.1.5 [14:03]
CDotWikiUsers used to map from login names to wikinames; that was its original purpose
not sure if it's even used for that, now
[14:04]
gac410hm. I thought that a user could not be re-registered if it's in that topic. maybe not. [14:05]
CDotI don't think it's limited; but if it is, maybe a test needs to be added to AWSP [14:07]
gac410Or to the TopicUserMappingContrib ... that's where it really matters I guess. hm. Did I add unit tests for my fix to remove users from the mapping.
gac410 hides.
No, I didn't Foswikirev:14195
[14:08]
FoswikiBothttp://trac.foswiki.org/changeset/14195 [ Changeset 14195 – Foswiki ] [14:11]
...... (idle for 26mn)
foswiki_irc0Thanks for the answer. But I use the DefaultUserRegistration.txt
And there is: %STARTSECTION{"form"}%<div class="registration"><form name="registration" action="%SCRIPTURLPATH{"register"}%/%USERSWEB%/%HOMETOPIC%" method="post">
[14:37]
gac410Ah... I've seen that if apache redirects the post for some reason. It will redirect to a get.
Make sure the URL generated by SCRIPTURL{"register"} is exactly correct and not resulting in an apache redirect. Or use firebug or some other tool to trace the browser interaction.
[14:38]
CDota 302 redirect is always a GET
that's why we have all that code for caching POST requests before triggering a redirect
[14:44]
gac410yeah. The only time I've seen the registration form result in a GET is due to misconfigured Apache [14:45]
CDotso either the redirect isn't being fired by Foswiki (e.g. it comes from an apache rule somehow) or it's being fired by something that doesn't want to cache the original request (e.g. a plugin?)
my bet is on a misconfigured apache
[14:45]
gac410:( There is no test coverage for the removeUser function in the Mapper. [14:46]
CDotCDot is shocked! horrified! taken aback! stunned!
.... and totally unsurprised
[14:47]
gac410:) [14:48]
CDotguess how man plugins implement the registrationHandler?
many
[14:49]
gac4101? [14:49]
CDotyep; AntiWikiSpamPlugin :-) [14:49]
gac410Well - except for private extensions [14:50]
CDoty, the great unknown :-( [14:50]
.... (idle for 17mn)
SlionHow was the cebit guys? [15:07]
gac410CDot - really strange. I'm trying to add a test for removeUser ... Works fine it "real life" but the unit tests fail because the calls to $this->getLoginName($cUID) and $this->getWikiName($cUID) both return undef [15:09]
CDotsounds like a mapper cache problem (guessing) [15:10]
gac410Yeah. I'll try creating a new session.
Hm. createNewFoswikiSession() doesn't fix it.
If I change the removeUser function to do my wikiname = $this->getWikiName($cUID) || $cUID; then all is well but that doesn't smell right.
(and same for loginName
[15:11]
CDotno, it's badly wrong [15:16]
gac410agreed.
Hm. Am I calling it correctly in the first place. Is cUID == WikiName addUser is called with loginName and WikiName. removeUser is called iwth cUID, but the WikiUsers maintenance needs the login and wikiname.
[15:16]
I don't think I can call createNewFoswikiSession in that test. There is too much setup stuff for the mapping ID's, etc. [15:25]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/8NKzJA
[foswiki/master] Item11648: tidy perl code prior to integration with core - CrawfordCurrie
[15:31]
***GithubBot has left [15:31]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11648 [ Item11648: Add NatEditPlugin to core Add NatEditPlugin to core Add NatEditPlugin to the core ] [15:32]
gac410hm. Found a bug. removing a user from the Mapping, still adds it to the cache. Though that's unrelated to the unit test issue I'm encountering. [15:32]
.... (idle for 17mn)
CDotyeah, I spotted that when testing, removeUser doesn't remove the user in the current session
I had to cut out that bit of the test :-(
[15:49]
gac410I'm afraid I'm getting totally lost in the mapper code. Just keep going further downhill.
From what I can tell in the unit tests, addUser doesn't manage to add them to the current session either.
But the only failiure I can find is if I try to remove the recently added user.
Because the attempts to find the wikiname and login name all fail in the mapper removeUser function.
[15:50]
CDotsorry, but I get lost in the mapper code as well. It's pure Sven of Nine Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 1 stuff :-(
like, totally Borg, man
[15:53]
gac410But it all seems to run fine from Web UI ... though not sure what will happen in FCGI
(Was that Sven of Nine an intentional typo :D )
[15:53]
CDotyeah; that's his working title when he does really borgish stuff [15:54]
gac410I'm now wishing I had not touched the code.
though removeUser had and still has a smell # SMELL: does not update the internal caches,
# needs someone to implement it
[15:54]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/9RdNqQ
[foswiki/master] Item11648: after a bit more experimentation it emerges that the RenderPlugin is *not* a required dependency; the editor works quite happily without it, so the dependency can be optional. - CrawfordCurrie
[16:00]
***GithubBot has left [16:00]
gac410Confirmed. The L2U cache is not updated when addUser is called. Don't know why. [16:07]
CDotwe now have NatEditPlugin in trunk :-) [16:12]
gac410Ah... figuring it out - might be a test issue. The "wikiname" mappings don't contain WikiNames ... auser => auser [16:12]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/hbcKkw
[foswiki/master] Item11648: add NatEditPlugin to core - CrawfordCurrie
[16:16]
***GithubBot has left [16:16]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11648 [ Item11648: Add NatEditPlugin to core Add NatEditPlugin to core Add NatEditPlugin to the core ] [16:16]
gac410I don't get it. Call to addUser is my ( $this, $login, $wikiname, $password, $emails ) but unit test calls with login, wikiname, RegistrationAgent ) no pasword or emails. [16:16]
CDotwell, the unit test doesn't need to set a password, and the email address is a bit useless.... [16:26]
gac410yeah. just can't quite figure out what RegistrationAgent is useful for in the password field. But anyway, I'm still totally confusered [16:27]
I think it's an issue with the test environment. Some of the mappings don't seem to get loaded without a password manager.
(or at least completely loaded)
foo. If I call removeUser with the loginName instead of the wikiName it all works.
For some reason the unit tests are using the loginName as the cUID
when loginNames are in use, is the cUID the login name, not the wikiName. If so, that's probably the issue with my new test.
[16:34]
I think I have the mapper cache issue fixed, along with unit test for removeUser. Running a full Suite now. [16:53]
............. (idle for 1h4mn)
CDotcool! [17:57]
..................................... (idle for 3h1mn)
***leguin.freenode.net sets mode: +o uebera|| [20:58]
....... (idle for 34mn)
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/6nuJeg
[foswiki/master] Item652: Item710: Item2196: Clear cache - GeorgeClark
[21:32]
***GithubBot has left
ChanServ sets mode: +o OliverKrueger
[21:32]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item652 [ Item652: Register can fail midway and leave the registration half done making re-registration impossible. ] http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item710 [ Item710: registration failure due to email created topics but loses the password (deferred to 1.1) ]
..http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item2196 [ Item2196: Email errors not handled well during registration ]
[21:33]
.......... (idle for 48mn)
***JulianLevens has left [22:21]
...... (idle for 26mn)
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to Release01x01: http://git.io/4QasyQ
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item652: Item710: Item2196: Clear cache - GeorgeClark
[22:47]
***GithubBot has left [22:47]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item652 [ Item652: Register can fail midway and leave the registration half done making re-registration impossible. ] http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item710 [ Item710: registration failure due to email created topics but loses the password (deferred to 1.1) ]
..http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item2196 [ Item2196: Email errors not handled well during registration ]
[22:47]
.... (idle for 15mn)
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to Release01x01: http://git.io/EA4OJg
[foswiki/Release01x01] Item11135: Sync TopicUserMapping Tests - GeorgeClark
[23:02]
***GithubBot has left [23:02]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item11135 [23:03]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/DhRYJQ
[foswiki/master] Item11135: Sync TopicUserMapping Tests - GeorgeClark
[23:03]
***GithubBot has left [23:03]
SvenDowideitcrepe. Arthur where are you! [23:10]
gac410Howdy SvenDowideit [23:10]
SvenDowideitheya :) [23:10]
gac410gac410 has engaged Sven of Nine Borg known as TopicUserMapping and survived. ... maybe. Now if Foswiki survives... [23:11]
SvenDowideithehe
it'll survive
most of the horrid complexity in there is crawfords fault :P
[23:11]
gac410Sven of Nine was his "typo" [23:12]
SvenDowideiti wrote this nice simple thing, but he hacked in cuid's (which i'd planned to do, but didn't do fast enough)
ha!
SvenDowideit wishes he was as pretty as 'of nine'
SvenDowideit resolves to use more 3 layer map{} statements
[23:12]
***Cervator has left [23:15]
jayenyes SvenDowideit, jayen is in syd [23:16]
SvenDowideitdarnit, the trunk slideshowplugin disables in page js too
:)
i want something that lets me do dynamic slides, not powerpoint :/
[23:16]
gac410dynamic, like animations, reveals, etc. :P [23:17]
SvenDowideitno
worse, and more specific to my style
:/
[23:17]
gac410That's good - can't stand slides that paint themselves one bullet at a time. [23:18]
Babarthe typewriter effect. [23:18]
SvenDowideitin that i have tabpanes to show tml and restul
and have edit and create todo ui's that shoudl work
so more a demo simplification story skin
[23:18]
gac410Ah Babar - I enabled validation of registrations on f.o ... it's ugly because sendmail on FreeBSD returns strangeness. But seems to work - I was able to register.
Probably contributing to the spam was the lack of validation.
[23:19]
SvenDowideitsend im the task :) [23:20]
Babarregistration as in "you received a link by email and you have to click it"? [23:20]
gac410Yes. We were just blindly registering without any email requirement [23:20]
SvenDowideitMet::SMMTP is returning a strange error code on bsd
we found it when we first installed, but never fixed it
[23:21]
BabarBabar remembers that [23:21]
gac410We are using sendmail (well mailprogram) ... not Net::SMTP I don't think. [23:21]
Babarand gmc was supposed to fix it... 3 years ago :) [23:21]
SvenDowideityup
or 'some bsd person'
[23:21]
BabarBabar hasn't touched BSD in years
only times I touch BSD is when I boot my foswiki-vagrant-freebsd :)
[23:22]
SvenDowideitor someone that knows how sendmail actually works :p [23:22]
Babar(or f.o of course) [23:22]
SvenDowideitlaters :) [23:22]
***gac410 has left [23:22]
SvenDowideitmmmm, yes, need coffee [23:23]
Babarmmmm, yes. need sleep. [23:29]
SvenDowideitsleep well :) [23:29]
Babarthx. enjoy your coffee [23:30]
SvenDowideitsure will [23:30]
.... (idle for 18mn)
pharveyfw.org slow? [23:48]
SvenDowideitmmm, not for me right now
but intermittently yes
[23:49]
GithubBot[foswiki] foswiki pushed 1 new commit to master: http://git.io/JliTCg
[foswiki/master] Item10942: Disable TRACE, make it use constant => - PaulHarvey
[23:49]
***GithubBot has left [23:49]
FoswikiBothttp://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item10942 [ Item10942: Nested attributes feature: metadata handling ] [23:49]
SvenDowideitLavr, I need your help ASAP
i'll send you an email, as i presume you're not around here because you're bussy as all heck
but thought i'd ping you just in case :)
[23:49]

↑back Search ←Prev date Next date→ Show only urls(Click on time to select a line by its url)